Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to shotshell reloading and am beginning to do more of it as I now have all the presses necessary to do so.

My question to those of you who have been loading for a while is simple but I have a suspicion this is a question on the minds of many and no one is asking instead of just winging it.

I read all the time about different places and it appears to me that all to often a person realizes he paid much to much for his particular buy. If he/she had known where to look they could have saved considerable money in the process.

I, for example recently went to Dillons here in PHX as they normally have a good stock of powder etc and for the most part a decent price on nearly everything they sell.
I purchased 10,000 ww209 primers.
Now I find I spent a hell of a lot of money that could have been better spent elsewhere and on primers other than winchester. In fact it seems I bought the MOST expensive primers of them all.

Too late for that. But I wonder if some of you could take a minute and give us the web sites of the most popular places with the normally best prices for our reloading components.

Thank all of you in advance for your help.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
recobs.com
powdervalley.com
a forum member gcbluerock is a downrange dealer.
Some major trapshooting events has guys selling there
Some gun clubs sell components when targets are delivered.
Grafs and son.com

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
www.recobstargetshop.com is my favorite. I think, Fudd, to your relief you'll find that Feddy primers are spendier than Winnies right now. All the American stuff, sadly, is priced way out of line, IMO.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dillon's is a far drive and i find there prices are not all that good but they do sell some good stuff and heck i like the cover of there catalog /off topic don't buy there lead cast pistol bullets they don't shoot for poo

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
In your town there a place called southwestern shooting supplies ran by a gentlemen named whiz white. he will have anything you need.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys
I hope this helps others as it does me.

I have bought from a few of the listed but am looking forward to seeing what the others have as well.
I need a closer for my new Teknys so will begin with that.
I had heard about Connies but could not bring it up. So I thank you for that one.
As for Dillon I have been a Dillon dealer for nearly 20 years and still do not save much buying from him.
I do buy some things as he does have as you say a lot of nice stuff.
I should have asked or checked around before I put the money down. I had forgotten about SW Shooters Supply and have not been there for along time. I'll check him out again.

I am now trying to become a Fiocchi dealer and should be able to save a bunch on their product if I can buy my pistol, reifle and shotgun products at a decent price for the shooting range.
I don't know yet what all their prices are, but there are some indicators that they are REALLY expensive in the pistol rounds and their 223 rifle rounds.

I'll see and hopefully be able to help some of the guys I shoot with if I can actually save some money with one of these distributors.

BTW if you have not checked them out, look at Zanders as well.
I have made some excellent buys on their Nobel Sport ammo. I usually only buy the 1 oz 12 ga and the 20 ga, both in 8.5 shot and I really like both of them.
I have passed the savings on the several of the guys I shoot with and they like the ammo as well. None have ever had trouble with their tubes and the NS ammo either for what its' worth.

Kenny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts