Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm a highshool student on the shotgun team and i have a 1300 pump. it just doesn't keep up with the game. i've been shooting for a couple of months and i was wondering about the silver stalker (it looks amazing). does the 3 1/2 inch chamber make a difference in recoil? can i stick winchester 2 3/4 inch lead shot in it? will it perform just as well? do 3 1/2 shells perform better?i manly just shoot skeet (5-stand and wobble) so would this be a good gun/ and if not, any suggestions??

thanks a lot for the help

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would stay away from the 3.5" if target shooting is your primary purpose. I recently purchased the Browning Gold Classis Stalker (same semi-hump receiver as in the new silver series) and it cycles target loads quite well. The wood stock version comes with a shim adjustable stock that will allow you to customize the fit somewhat. Just my opinion and the 3.5" might work fine with your loads; however why take the risk unless you really need the 3.5" load capability.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
While the Gold 3 1/2" (same gas system as the Silver) does a good job at cycling lighter loads, simsc's advise is pretty good with staying with a 3" model. There is a 3" Silver model in addition to the 3 1/2" models.
I like 3 1/2" guns for waterfowling and turkey hunting. If it's going to be your main waterfowling gun and used to bust clays to stay proficient then that is a good way to go. I use my Gold 3 1/2" in this way. If I were to get a dedicated clay gun it would be a 3" or even a 2 3/4" model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't think the silver stalker comes in 3". do you all know of any 3" or 2 3/4" chambers with the same looks and perfomance as the silver stalker? i love the black matte finish.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Beretta 390 from Wal Mart or Franchi 612 have a very similar look. Both are very good models and sell for around $500.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts