Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm in the middle of reading Wayne LaPierre's book Guns Freedom and Terrorism and it got me thinking. Knowing that recently, England and Australia have enacted gun registration laws that soon thereafter led to the banning and confiscation of those guns, if the US enacted a law requiring that all firearms be registered, would you comply?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The most prime (and recent) example of this is Canada's attempt at control. Most (if not all) of the Provincial governments have opted not to enforce the registration as it turned into a huge financial burden. I think that is only part of it. I believe that the lack of registars coming forward sent a signal and the individual provinces decided to side with the citizens. It doesn't work - it just doesn't work.

It would NEVER fly here in America.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Not just no, but a resounding HELL NO!!

If such foolishness were inacted my weapons would be immediately listed as stolen and placed in safe keeping. Australia and the UK have both shown that passing more laws against the honest citizen is a waste of time, effort, and money.

Serious laws with huge penalties (even an expedited death penalty) for the use of firearms in the commision of any crime, (juvey or not) and not just picking and choosing nasty looking assualt weapons would go much further than creating more bureaucratic non-sense.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree with you Rick, however the government hates to admit that gun control is not about crime, and states like Louisiana have proven that with reduced crime rates after CCW was permitted. What the government doesn't want you to know about gun control is that it is about "control" not crime. Clinton and Gore used crime as a sword in their battle against guns and gunowners. Crime is a scapegoat, and by passing laws as you suggest (which I agree with) that sword is no longer effective (or perhaps nonexistent).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally agree with you cartridge guy. Personally, I don't think that the democrats will push to ban guns, because if they succeed, and crime doesn't drop, or increases (and history shows that it will), they can't blame it on guns anymore. If they can't blame crime on guns, then they've just lost a big campaign issue that, unfortunately, a lot of people buy into. I'd like to think that if more regular people realized that a gigantic majority of the guns used in crimes today are obtained illegally under the current laws, they wouldn't push for new laws so much as enforcing the current laws.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
They already know I have four longarms when I bought the things.I wouldn't register but if they called me and asked what type longarms I own I would happily tell them.And I'll tell you guys right now. 3 shotguns and a rifle.But now that I think about it I must have shot 3 or 4 dozen diffrent shotguns.And I do plan on buying at least a 2 dozen more shotguns before they put me in the ground.
And I'll be buried with every one, with my duckcalls around my neck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I registered my shotgun today, it cost me $20 for the registration, $10 for the photos, $1 to get the form notorized, and .37 for the stamp. The registration is good for one year. I live in Chicago and that is the law. I even disassemble the gun to store it, another Chicago law.

I am not afraid that the government knows I have a shotgun. I would not be able to register a handgun in the city. If I loved handguns as much as I love my shotgun I would be upset. Getting caught with an unregistered weapon in Chicago, however, is a serious offence. So I registered the gun.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
I say now, in fact, in the name of our forefathers, I say hell no! :evil:. I see it like this, the second amendment allows us to keep and bear arms, and the Government has no right knowing what we do and do not own. The right to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed. It says it right there in ink on hemp paper, and the way I see it is, the national firearms registry is a major infringement on a persons rights. I am afraid that our registry will turn into what happened in England, in which citizens were made to register their guns, and had them confiscated. Even though it is a right given to us by our forefathers, I still fear that someday someone will come to the front foor of all law abiding citizens, and say, "We are from the Government, we have records you own firearms, and we are here to collect them". If you heard about what happened in England when theirs happened, here is the headline in an England newspaper I found online, it said the following, "Gun owners have 90 days to turn in guns to local authorites, or face 10 years in prison". The downfall for England though was that they didn't have a right given to them to keep and bear arms like we do. I say this to all Law abiding citizens who own guns for hunting or protection or any other reason. Our right is being compressed more and more by gun control laws, and if we don't do something, we will be like England, so I forever say, this country was won with guts and steel. Our forefathers had guts and guns, and with that, they won our freedom. Lets be like the forefathers, have guts and guns to protect ourselves from the enemies of freedom and a tyrannical government. Long live firearms ownership! Down with gun control, and to hell with registration! God, Guns, and Freedom, the best 3 things in existance today!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.