Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have a poly choke on my 20ga. model 37 featherlight (first shotgun). I always liked the choke but I never used it for ducks, and I never patterened it. I do know I used to put it on Imp Mod usually because thats what I "thought" was the best choke and I seemed to break or kill what I hit pretty cleanly. I also recall when I was little, if I missed a few birds, I had to change the choke cause that had to be the reason. Kids! I haven't shot it for a few years since I now have other guns.
My dad had a model 12, 12 gauge with polychoke that he used a few times, until the damned thing fell off one day. He dropped both the dove and the choke. I would not expect that to happen with a new one - that one was an auction buy, probably it had previously fallen off and was glued/soldered on. Who knows.
I personally liked mine, but some people don't like the look of them. Another thing with the older ones, I'm not sure if they are safe to shoot with steel shot.

Jeremiah

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.