Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the review on this site. Has anyone else tried one? Patterned one in a Browning Gold 12 ga?

There is a lot of hunting pressure where I hunt, so often the birds don't decoy well or flare at about 35 - 40 yards. Some days you catch it just right and they consistantly fall into the decoys at 20 - 25 yards. I typically shoot a Modified or IC, but it would be nice to have the flexibility to quickly change on the fly while hunting.

I know they are ugly, but I don't care as long as it works. Also, what is the ventilated version supposed to do? Whatever it is, does that part of it work?

Thanks for any input!

·
Banned
2,043 Posts
Yes, the polychoke II works and works pretty good for
giving nearly instant choke selections. The ventilated one
is supposed to reduce recoil. The problem is that it also
increases noise level, back in the shooters area. I don't
like the ventilated ones because of this. Even with
ear plugs you notice the high noise of the ventilated
models.

·
Registered
784 Posts
They work pretty well, I have them in both the standard and vented models. Really easy to quickly change the choke in the field while moving.

The vented and standard sleves are interchangable between gauges and the vented does reduce recoil slightly, but at the expense of blast and noise.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and functionality often makes things look a whole lot better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.