Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an investment oppurtunity to purchase a garage full of reloaders and supplies.

what would a PW900 in decent shape sell for used?
the loaders were for a serious skeet shooter so I suppose they are 12,20,28 and 410 gauge.

there are several MECs also, i don't know exactly which models but all this stuff is priced to move. I have noticed that MECs in useable shape seem to retain at least 50-75% of their retail value on the used market. Would you agree with that statement?

Any information you PW guys and MEC guys can provide would be appreciated. I would consider an investment partner in this venture if anyone is interested PM me!

Bull

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good used reloaders priced right always sell. Depends on how cheap you can buy them at your end. Check ebay for prices on each. Right now there are several PW900's and a 950 on there. Current bids from $165 to $455. Remember That if you have to ship a PW they are HEAVY. Original shipping boxes would be really nice to have.

Good Luck!

John

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I was sent some pics of some machines like you are talking about that were here in La. The pics showed the machines to be very rusty and in a sad state of disrepair so I passed. If these are the same machines they may well make a good work project. Best of luck in the deal!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Refurbbing MECs - even progressives that were wore out, first, then et up by the grease-weevils and only then stored in the hay-barn in Calcasieu Parrish - is a fairly straightforward and reasonably economic proposition, but you need to buy them *right* ... wire brush, quart of Ospho, can of red paint and a few new dies.

PW is a different story. They are a close-tolerance interconnected, interdependent operation (v. an assemblage of simple tools operating in sequence like the MEC), and can turn into a hangar queen quickly.

Think 'Russian' v. 'Silicon Valley' design & execution.

GS

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bull,

First PW loader I ever saw was in a gun shop for $75.
Shop owner had never seen one before. It was a older
800B in 12ga, I used it for five years and reloaded 20,000
rounds or so. Sold it for $475+ shipping, about 50lbs to ship.

PW loaders are very well made. If you do get them think of me
if you want to sell the .410 loader :)

You need to look inside the chambers of hull dies to see if they are
rusty, if hulls are left in dies they will rust dies just like the chamber
of shotgun. light rust can be cleaned up but if they are pitted it's not good.

TT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.