Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.

Is it possible to remove the magazine tube from an older Remington 1100? I just picked up a very used one and the magazine tube is corroded up around the end where the rubber seal goes.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
Remington or a good gunsmith could do it; it is silver soldered to the receiver. Why not just take some steel wool or very fine emery cloth to the tube and see what it looks like when you get it cleaned up. Unless you have really deep pits, odds are it will work fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try first, of course, but I was sort of just wondering what I might do if that doesn't work.

I got the gun just the other day and had to re stake the carrier and do a MASSIVE cleaning. The 1100 is very well used and by far the dirtiest gun I've ever seen. It clearly had thousands of rounds shot through it and was rarely, if ever, cleaned.

Haven't been able to shoot it yet as I just had some surgery and the doctor says that shotguns are a no no for a few more weeks.

Anyway, you just got to love a $100 Remington and I'm looking forward to giving it a try...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts