Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I put a link in the post for you. That's a great project, have you taken it out to shoot yet?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Funny, the lack of a response after that inquiry.

Ehh... hope he's OK. LOL. I'm sure he's fine. Looks like quality work.

Krieghoff, I think requires you to be able to complete a shotgun from raw materials (well, a gun - maybe not a shotgun) before passing their smithing course.

I would give away TEN vacation-of-a-lifetimes to get one crack at going through that school...

Drool...

When you want a premium gun, simply build it... must be nice.

G

·
===============================================

.......................... Very Well Done Matthew ........................

............ It looks to be a really lovely piece. ... By the way, of what gauge or caliber is this antique resurrected firearm? ... Is this your first effort or do you attemt this rebirth of different firearms from time to time?

===============================================

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few days ago three of us took it out into the field to test shoot it. We set it in the crook of a tree, tied a piece of deep sea hand-line around the trigger, put a double charge down the barrel, went up over a crest in the hill, ducked behind a rock wall (just in case) and gave the line a yank.

The gun didn't blow up (we didn't expect it to at all, just taking precaustions) and nothing was damaged, so we spent the next, oh, about two hours trying out the thing. It never misfired, not once, I was quite impressed with the old new gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.