Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I shoot both trap and skeet. I enjoy both games. After shooting skeet for 30 years, I'm fairly new to trap having just started 2 years ago when I moved to an area close to a large and very active trap range. The people there are very friendly and there are a few who shoot both games. An added benefit is that I convinced my significant other that I needed a couple of new shotguns.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I detest the fist-bump or high-five so Skeet was less of a favorite, for me......in other than with upland bird gun familiarization and then not following Skeet by Hoyle.

I discovered nice folks in both games.

I will say that the only time I had a rule book pulled out was during a local club championship skeet shoot with about 20 participating shooters.
Both games have shooters that run the gamut of personalities and "look at me" needs.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have not posted to trapshooters.com for a long time, but it might be fun to go there and ask a question about skeet. Yea, I think I will have my son Matt do it. He likes a good joke. I will give the link when it is done.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Okay, my kid made the post to trapshooters, he asked how he could become as good as skeet shooters.

Lots of shooters jumped in to help, gave okay advice. anyone got any good replies to add there, go for it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
a lowly skeet question on an all trap site
Thank you for your creative thinking. It would have never occurred to me to post a skeet question on trap site. Does it make sense to cross post it on a bench rest site or a free pistol site in the outside chance someone there may have the answer?

For those here who don't have posting privileges on TS.com and you have a skeet question, you should consider just dialing random phone numbers and asking whoever answers.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Actually, in my opinion, all this feuding between trap and skeet
shooters is done in fun. I don't think anyone is really serious when
they kid the other group. That is Mat's opinion too, and I think that
showed up in the posts over at TS.COM, and of course someone
figured it out that they were having their leg pulled.

·
Administrator
23,260 Posts
Just so you folks know, It is never a good idea to troll a site for the sole purpose of stirring up a stinkpot. We have good relations and communication with the folks over at TS.com and are aware of issues of this type that happen.
If I hear from them that someone is trolling over there, that user will hear from me over here.
Let's try to be good neighbors.

Reactions: John Henry
21 - 32 of 32 Posts