Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been reloading for about a year now, strictly traploads. I use a single stage Mec and only buy my powder a pound at a time. I always use the same load, but between loading sesions I find a need to change powder bushings quite often even out of the same lb of powder to keep the right charge wt.. Should I be looking for some other problem? First and last shell seem to weigh out good once I get setup.
Thanks. :?:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the MEC 600 Jr. and to get consistant powder throws, I have to tap the charge bar the same each time. If you hit it harder or lighter that will affect the amount of powder thrown. Try to consistantly tap it the same each time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hawkeye421 is correct. You have to do things the same each time to have them throw a similar charge each time. Also try a powder baffle that goes between the powder bottle and the charge bar to help some with consistant powder charges.

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
having a consistent stroke with a positive stop at top and bottom is the key to consistent powder and shot drops in any press. using a powder that is graphite coated will also help get consistent drops. for the shells to be the same, the press must be operated the same every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts