Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll try this forum because I got no responses in the tactical shotgun forum. Does anybody out there do practical shooting. It looks like a very interesting sport to get into, so i would like to know what you have to do to get started. I only really want to shoot the shotgun events if that means anything. Also if anyone does it, is there a list on the internet of places that have events. Any input would be much appreciated. And one last thing, if you live in Maryland and do practical shooting, where do you do it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are very few shotgun only practical events. I know of one in TN, one in PA near Allentown, and one in upstate NY. Usually the shotgun is included as part of a 3-Gun match which requires rifle (Usually AR-15), pistol, and shotgun. You can get some idea about euipment by checking out the USPSA website. They are the US branch of IPSC. There are other 3-Gun Tactical Matches on the east coast including the North American Championship in NC and The Tactical Challenge @ NJ.(Nov 29 and 39) There are club level events scheduled by USPSA clubs all over. There is a match this weekend in Topton, PA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.