Shotgun Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered 1000 Winchester AA 20 GA Once-Fired Yellow hulls. They sent me the Super X generic hull instead.

They don't appear to be Wal-Mart Economy Pack generic, they are High Brass. Even there you have to be careful because there is a difference between a full brass compared those that are metal with the brass plating. When you're expecting nice clean AA's and get this instead, quite the disappointment.

They don't look nice and clean either, more dirty like they have been reloaded several times already. Doesn't appear to be a factory primer, looks like a Fed 109A.

AA's are 8-crimp, these are 6-crimp, and so I am stuck there too needing to find a new crimp starter. This sucks. They were 4 cents each, but I wanted AA's, not this. I wouldn't have bought these, not even for 1 cent each. Probably will split after just a few reloads.

Well, they just lost customer, first time last time. Don't trust them.

Charlie

·
Registered
536 Posts
What did they say when you contacted them? I thought the SuperX high brass hull was the same (internally) as the AA, perhaps not.

·
Registered
17,955 Posts
The Super-X high brass WAS at one time the same basic hull, but not for some time now! :cry:

BP

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HuntNshoot said:
What did they say when you contacted them? I thought the SuperX high brass hull was the same (internally) as the AA, perhaps not.
I contacted them prior to receiving the hulls when I had noticed they charged my credit card twice. I'm not going to contact them again. I got cheated, that's the way it goes, not worth the postage to send them back. Plus, I am fairly confident they will not do anything to correct this. I know many businesses value repeat customers; they obviously do not.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Burnt Powder said:
The Super-X high brass WAS at one time the same basic hull, but not for some time now! :cry:
BP
BP, question if you don't mind...

I'm not so sure my current AA recipe will work well with these
hulls. In 20 gauge, I am using 15.8 of Universal, Fed 109A and the blue Windjammers (7/8 oz). I may be better off dropping down to 15 gr. and use the WAA20F1 with 7/8 instead. What do you think? Thanks. Charlie

·
Registered
556 Posts
claybuster_aa said:
I contacted them prior to receiving the hulls when I had noticed they charged my credit card twice. I'm not going to contact them again. I got cheated, that's the way it goes, not worth the postage to send them back. Plus, I am fairly confident they will not do anything to correct this. I know many businesses value repeat customers; they obviously do not.
You must like to be cheated.
I would not and many here would not put up with them sending the wrong hulls.
I would call them & ***** something bad.
You got nothing to loose but some phone time.
+ If you can prove you did not get what you ordered your credit card CO may go to bat for you I know MC will and least get your money back....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
claybuster_aa,

I totally agree with other posters. Don't let them get away with it. Call them and demand replacement hulls that are exactly what you ordered. Insist that they pay any return shipping both ways - the old hulls back to them and the new hulls to you. They may even tell you to keep the old hulls and send you a new order free.

If they do give you a hard time, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Your card company will reverse the charge and give you a temporary credit. The vendor is then given an opportunity to prove you wrong, if they cannot do that, you keep the credit and the vendor is screwed. :)

The ability to reverse unauthorized charges or charges for defective goods purchased with your credit card is a very powerful consumer tool to protect you from getting hosed by dishonest vendors or thieves who use your card without authority. Use it when you need it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
William R Wood said:
claybuster_aa,

I totally agree with other posters. Don't let them get away with it. Call them and demand ...
I'll give them a call Monday and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
claybuster_aa said:
I'll give them a call Monday and see what happens.
That's clearly the sensible course of action, rather than just doing nothing and *****ing about it here.

And there's more at stake than simply getting hulls you didn't order.

The people at Precision Reloading are not mind readers, and if you don't tell them something was wrong with your order how do you expect them to know that?

At least give them a chance to correct the mistake, then ***** about it if they don't.

And if they resolve the matter to your satisfaction, say so here.

Word of mouth is powerful advertising, whether negative or positive, and people take customer comments seriously.

Bad-mouthing a company you've not even given a chance to correct a problem is plainly irresponsible.

We don't live in a mistake-free world.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Case said:
Bad-mouthing a company you've not even given a chance to correct a problem is plainly irresponsible.
I disagree with you here!

Pretty serious mistake in my books. I think it is reason to ***** a little regardless of how it turns out. This drives the prices of the real product up when they send trash in the mail. Ultimatly the consumer pays the whole price or a company goes out of business, mistakes and all.

If the order was for once fired AAs, then shoddy looking promo hulls will not do. Don't know why they would even have these hulls in the warehouse.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
ghughes said:
Case said:
I disagree with you here!

Pretty serious mistake in my books.
Merely sending the wrong product? That happens occasionally with any company.

Shipping department personnel aren't above mistakes.

I think it is reason to ***** a little regardless of how it turns out.
And I suppose you've never made a mistake.

This drives the prices of the real product up when they send trash in the mail. Ultimatly the consumer pays the whole price or a company goes out of business, mistakes and all.
You have nothing to substantiate that an occasional human error in a company's shipping costs the consumer any more whatsoever.

If the order was for once fired AAs, then shoddy looking promo hulls will not do. Don't know why they would even have these hulls in the warehouse.
I'd hardly call a Winchester Super-X a "shoddy promo hull." They're Winchester's premium hunting hulls, very reloadable, and there's no reason at all why a once-fired inventory of them shouldn't be kept.

What Precision Reloading keeps in its warehouse is irrelevant anyway.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with both Case and at the same time with ghughes.

Some may have noticed, I edited the subject line and removed the words RIP OFF and left just Be Careful. I don't want to trash them for an honest mistake. But, my get feeling was they shipped whatever they thought would work or had available regardless of what was advertised. For all I know these may work even better than the new AA's. I find the new AA's splitting at the ends after a few reloads in the 20 gauge.
It doesn't excuse the fact that they substituted the Super X instead of the AA's without first contacting my by email or phone. When I call if they give me any sh#t at all like it states in our TOS we can substitute at our discretion I'll probably just hang up.

Ever see the movie "The Bronx Tale"? For $20 bucks you got off cheap, knowing you never have to deal with that idiot again. That is not so bad of a philosophy. No, I don't like getting shafted, but at least I know now be weary of them in the future and look else where for a square deal.

If they care to make this situation right, I would certainly let folks know they came through in the end and made an attempt to satisfy the customer.

I checked the reloading data. I think the 20-1oz-field wad will probably be the best option for these and pretty sure CB makes the substitute wad. Data indicates I can go with the 7/8's in the 1 oz wad and be OK. I suspect the Windjammers
that I use now aren't going to go in snug enough, and probably get some chamber pressures issues. I will try 2 boxes with recipe I found (an AA recipe) and give it a shot. These hulls look like they've been lying around for a while and might possibly
be the older Super X's as opposed to the newer, a more equivalent substitute if you will to the AAs. If they work OK I can deal with as not being exactly what I ordered. Still feel they should have let me known I wasn't getting what I had ordered.

With a decent picture of the headstamp, does anyone think they can tell the difference between the old and newer Super X's? On second look, the primer does appear darker on center than the outer edge of the primer indicating factory primer. They may appear dirty from lying around awhile collecting dust. Thanks, Charlie.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have had good results with the WJ-20 wad 7/8 oz and the 20ga AAHS hulls using Universal Clays even better are the DRV-20 wad from Down Range (thanks DL). I would save the AA20F1 wads as they are not made any more and work well with 1 oz loads in Rem hulls.

·
Registered
244 Posts
claybuster_aa said:
They don't look nice and clean either, more dirty like they have been reloaded several times already. Doesn't appear to be a factory primer, looks like a Fed 109A.
This is why I called them trash. I will reload just about anything, but if I buy once fired it is implied they are clean enough to claim they have never touched the ground.

I used to really like Super-X for hunting loads but re-sizing is labourious for skeet in 12 gauge with high brass.

Personaly I think our just in time mentality has forced our standards to be lowered.
I guess if the price is right it becomes possible to tolerate more mistakes, but I like to get what I order in a reasonable time.

I guess my expectations are too high.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
FWIW,

I've placed 2 orders this month with Precision Reloading and been very happy both times. The shipments arrived fast - especially when going from South Dakota to end of the earth New Mexico. I've also spoken to some of the tech guys on the phone and they seem to be knowledgeable.

I'd give them a call and try to sort it out. Nothing in my dealings with them suggests anything but a reputable company.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I did another edit in the subject line. I just went back to their website I noticed, I SCREWED UP!!!

I retract all my negative comments in regards to the company and it turns out I have a lot of egg on my face. I got exactly what I paid for. They don't offer 1000 in the AA. I was looking at the wrong line on the page. This was completely my error and it you take a look here, you will notice where I screwed up.

http://www.precisionreloading.com/2004catalog.htm

My apologies to Precision Reloading, they delivered what I ordered, and I am the complete idiot for not being more careful when ordering. Again, all comments retracted and the apology is sincere...screwed up.

Says I can use the CF data with these hulls. Ok, I'll go with my old recipe on a few test boxes.

Man, I feel like a dummy. Not only do I apologize to them, I apologize to you folks for wasting your time reading this due to my negligence.

Charlie

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
At least you're man enough to admit your mistake an apologize to all concerned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.