Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled accross a ad for a Browning Citori for $225. It apparantly didnt close right and didnt fire. Still I think it was a steal. What do these things retail for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,780 Posts
stretch415 said:
I just stumbled accross a ad for a Browning Citori for $225.
You can buy a fence post that does the same things for a lot less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
Sometimes you can get a good deal this way. I would go ahead and check into it. Its quite possible to be something very simple wrong with the gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,163 Posts
stretch415 said:
I just stumbled accross a ad for a Browning Citori for $225. It apparantly didnt close right and didnt fire.
It is probably worth more than that just for parts. Or, get a good gunsmith to do a lot of repairs on it and still have a bargain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
I'd buy the fence post. If you can take the gun and get an estimate on fixing it, and it comes out cheaper then you'd have to pay for a used one in good condition, then buy it. So it's worth more in parts, how will you sell them and how long to recoup your money? It would be a good buy for a gunshop, for you it's a big question. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,163 Posts
oldhunter1 said:
So it's worth more in parts, how will you sell them and how long to recoup your money?
Before eBay stopped listing gun parts, I seriously considered buying complete functional Beretta semiautomatics and selling the parts for a profit. I'm not sure which site to sell on now.

It is amazing what some people will pay for used parts. More than new parts, in some cases. I don't know prices on Brownings, but if it was a Beretta the barrels alone would be worth more than the $225 price of the gun, and the stock and other parts would be gravy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Seamus O'Caiside said:
oldhunter1 said:
So it's worth more in parts, how will you sell them and how long to recoup your money?
Before eBay stopped listing gun parts, I seriously considered buying complete functional Beretta semiautomatics and selling the parts for a profit. I'm not sure which site to sell on now.

It is amazing what some people will pay for used parts. More than new parts, in some cases. I don't know prices on Brownings, but if it was a Beretta the barrels alone would be worth more than the $225 price of the gun, and the stock and other parts would be gravy.
.

Why would Ebay not selling gun parts stop you? You have a captive audience on all of the gun sites. Not only the gun sites but all of the hunting sites. That's where your audience is, not on Ebay. If you think there is a market for what you want to do, then take the plunge. But, for you to reccomend somebody buy a shotgun unseen for the parts is a bad business decision.
I'm sorry, but the only advice to give somebody that's looking at a $225.00 Citori is "Buyer Beware".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
stretch415 said:
I just stumbled accross a ad for a Browning Citori for $225. It apparantly didnt close right and didnt fire. Still I think it was a steal. What do these things retail for?
Sounds like someone shot some over pressure reloads in it to have that problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Mr. Pass:

What in any post on this subject would lead you to believe the inability to close would be caused by a high pressure shell. Not challenging, just trying to learn.

'Lonzo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
1st see a gunsmith.......

but are the barrels in good shape? Maybe try to sell them...Do barrels typically fit well (enough) with other guns of the same model? I wouldn't mind having a 28" barrel to go with my 26".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Alonzo Tubbs said:
Mr. Pass:

What in any post on this subject would lead you to believe the inability to close would be caused by a high pressure shell. Not challenging, just trying to learn.

'Lonzo
Because i have seen it before. But not just high pressure OVER pressure as in a pressure limit that exceeds safty levels. After it occurs the first problem is the gun will not open. Then after some force is used it pops open and after that it does not cloes right anymore. But i don't think it is such a great deal. I guess if he just wants it to set in the gun cabnet and look pretty. A gun that does not close right and will not shot sounds like a good deal if your buying a club!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Alonzo Tubbs said:
Oh

'Lonzo
Something happened to this gun. I don't believe Browning would have let it leave the factory in such terrible condition. Especially for what they cost. That pretty deal could quickly become one ugly nightmare!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top