Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for a bit. I've finally got the itch to purchase a shotgun and plan on getting one this weekend.

My initial purpose with be skeet shooting, but I'd like to also go hunting for deer and turkey with the same gun.

I have been researching Berettas, Rems, and Benelli's and seem to have rested on the Benelli. A local dealer has a black 12ga. SBE (I assume the first generation) 3 1/2" that has a 28" vent ribbed barrel with screw-in-chokes.(full, mod. & I/C). I've not seen it yet, but he said it's 99% condition. I'd eventually like to get a slug barrel for deer.

He is asking $1000 +tax. Is this a good price for an SBE? Or, is it enough that I should keep looking around? I can buy an SBEII new for around $1200, so is that the better route?

Thanks in advance? Any help is greatly appreciated. Rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
1000... too much! I've been looking at two all black SBE's at my local Sports Authority. They have been going down to 699 on sale a few times in the last couple weeks. I don't know if you have one near you but you might want to look there first. Just my .02 cents. Good luck. Great gun once you shoot a benelli you will wonder how you ever did without one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts