Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure this is the correct place to put this...

I have stumbled across a used bt-100, it has matte blues steel, does have the drop out trigger (I was told that some of the last matte blued ones did not). The lever is a good ways to the right of center when closed. The serial number suggests it is a 1998 model. It has IV+ choke barrel, not ported.

Here is where the suspicious parts come in. The owner before the current owner, and the current owner did not seem to believe in cleaning, or lubricating the gun.

It opens very easy, but does not wiggle side to side, and locks up tight.

There is what appears to be galling and some scoring where the fore end and receiver mate up and the parts rub when opening and closing.

there is some surface rust on the sides of the extractor and the barrel lug that fits in the receiver.

There is a lot of gunk and grime on the face where the base of the shell fits up to.

It has the usual wearing of the metal finish on trigger guard and the edges of the receiver, but not bad.

The wood has dings, but none big or ugly., and a few minor scratches on the outside of the barrel.

I would like to see what a good cleaning would do for it's appearance.

So what would a fair price for this shotgun be?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
$400 is ridiculous. BT100s in the condition you describe sell in the $1100-$1400 range. Minty guns sell from $1700-$2000. The trigger assembly alone is worth $400. That gun can be cleaned up, serviced, springs changed out for a minimal cost and provide years of good service. The worst thing about BT100s is that they stopped making them.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
SS said:
$400 is ridiculous. BT100s in the condition you describe sell in the $1100-$1400 range. Minty guns sell from $1700-$2000. The trigger assembly alone is worth $400. That gun can be cleaned up, serviced, springs changed out for a minimal cost and provide years of good service. The worst thing about BT100s is that they stopped making them.
I agree BT-100 are very nice guns with the high rib. If you don't want it let us know. Some one hear will buy it. I'll be frist on line for $400 but I realy think $1400 will be more like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts