Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about buying a older gun to use when I go to the range to bust clay's.There are 2 that caught my eye, one was a remm.M48 16ga.auto.It is in good shape, the only thing that I could see that a collector would dock for is that it has a small scene carved on the lowwer end of the butt stock. the remmy has a 28" mod.choked barrel,they are asking $249 for it.Is that good or too high?The second one had no price,they old man that owned it told me to make him a fair offer.the problem is that this is only the 2nd. one I have ever seen like that.It was a modle12 winn.,what made it different was that it was the 3"chambered super speed,30in. barreled full choke version that is in almost new shape.I have no idea what a fair price is ,so if any one could help I would be very greatful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The remington is in the correct price range for a good clean shooter but is not a big collectable. The HD Winchester if in 95% or better original condition would go for 475-525 or so in 30in field grade, add 100-125 for a solid rib gun and another 100 if it has a 32in barrel. If it has factory checkered high grade wood add another 200-300.....model 12s are collectable but only if original and the 3in guns are popular

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.