Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only part I hate about going to the gun shop when there are too many people waiting to be served, is that I make my way back to the gun rack and start looking...

Today was no exception, but now I need to decide which 1 of the 2 guns is of better quality and will suit my needs on the skeet field and in the occasional waterfowl hunt..

I looked at a: Beretta 682E Sporting in 12ga 32" barrels...
Also a : Browning Synergy Sporting 12 30" Barrels

They both shoulder and point well, and I don't mean to open a can o worms here but I need to know from the pros on here!!

What are your opinions on these 2 firearms

Thank You :)

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I prefer the 682E. Solid... been around for awhile... better service through Beretta than Browning... don't care for the modern looking Cynergy or that silly recoil pad.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
While I'm neither a "PRO" nor an "EXPERT" I'll try to answer your query....

Both are excellent guns of very high quality. Either will last normal ifetime, and meet your needs. Choose whichever you like the best,

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both are great guns, but I was thinking if the stock needed to be cut due to length issues, that Browning looks like a high priced job to shorten..

SS: you'll be glad to know, I didn't consider trading the Super Sport in on it...That is one awesome gun too, and it would help pay for a big chunk off the o/u, but i love it too much to get rid of it :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
the 682 is alot more expensive than the discounted cynergies i'm seeing. the 680 beretta action is proven, while the cynergy action looks promising. the cynergy fits me better and is very soft-shooting. they are both kind of star-trekky.
682 probably resells better.

buy whatever fits best and don't look back, i'm not sure there is a wrong choice.

btw the cynergy sporting closeouts from last year are only about 1999. vs 3200 plus for beretta 682.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Liv2hunt,

If I were you I would go with the Beretta 682, The Cynergy has its following but it has had some issues also. The Beretta has been around a good while and is better resale value and myself I think just a better all around gun. Sort of like the Honda Accord of over/unders! LOL

Good luck choosing! CTS :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up here in Ontario, and our Canadian dollar traded at $105.00 USD as of today (sorry) and our local gun shop wants 3666+ 14% taxes for the 682E and $2100 + taxes for the Browning

How are these guns priced in comparison to you pople in the USA?

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
The numbers you quoted, depending on specific Cynergy model are about right at the exchange rate you quoted. Personaly I do not like the 682 Gold E which is what I suspicion you are talking about. Don't like the glossy finish or the laser cut checkering. Not even all that enamored with he circle/planet orbit look of the reciever. I bought 686E Sportings myself. I also have a couple Brownings, but not a Cynergy. If the current Cynergy Sporting with the conventional stock had been available when I bought my XS Skeet I would have bought the Cynergy instead. It does not have the inertia trigger in it and as such does not need to be worked over for using sub gauge tubes. Both the Citori and the Beretta guns need that done for most 28s in the Beretta and both in .410.

The others pointed out the quality comparisons and I really don't think you can compare the Cynergy one on one to the 682 E since I've never seen a Cynergy with the same grade of finish and wood as is on the Beretta. Compare the Beretta to a Golden Clays or Grade VI and now you are talking more comparable in my book. Price is the same too. The reason the Browning is less has nothing whatever to do with materials or workmanship. Which one do you like best? I believe the Cynergy will make it's mark in the shotgun arena, may have already done so, but the Beretta indeed is a tried and true design right now.

BP

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I shouldered the Synergy and yes it did point nice, nicer than the 682 actually, but the feel of the guns overall had to go the Baretta...forend...pistolgrip

It's a tough call as it is alot of cabbage to shell out,,

·
Registered
28,151 Posts
livtohunt said:
Today was no exception, but now I need to decide which 1 of the 2 guns is of better quality and will suit my needs on the skeet field and in the occasional waterfowl hunt..
The Cynergy has a stronger action, and is a far (!) better value.

·
Registered
80 Posts
SS said:
682E - $2800

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=84120295

Shouldering them and shooting them are two different things
are those 682 "grey market guns" listed on gunbroker? the reason i ask is that i think these 2800 guns are the european versions (satin/oil finished? stock). i think they look better aesthetically, but are they warranteed?

at that price it may not matter because cole would do the work reasonably, i'm sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
don't forget the "cynergy club" deal running til end of 07. some of it is crap, but the 100 dollars is real and the hard case looks pretty nice. . .not to mention the 5 year warranty (for what that's worth). if i were looking to spend over 3k i'd have to also look at rizzini and guerini especially.

hey gordon do you have a cynergy and a zoli verona? isn't your zoli tubed? did the trigger conversion cause any trouble? (sorry to hijack this thread)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Keep in mind that Browning sells different Inflex recoil pads that can shorten/lengthen the length of pull by 1/2".

Cameron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.