Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 620 and I really like it. I got it used but it was like new with 6 external chokes. I have put about a 100 rounds thru it of Winchester 7/8 oz 2 3/4 #8 shooting at clays in the back yard. No malfunctions at all. I noticed that inside the ejection port, on the bottom rail, there was a raised spot on the aluminum that was rubbing the finish. I looked at at it closer and realized it was a small piece of the receiver where the bolt rail rides under it. Anyways, a small piece, about 1/16" x 1/4", came off when I scraped it with my finger nail and now looking in the rear bottom of the ejection port, I can see the stainless bolt op rod thru the receiver. The SN is HH12XXX and I am going to call Franchi, I was just wondering what experiences you have had with Franchi and how do they handle defects like this?

[email protected]
Don't know how to post pics in this forum yet so here are some links.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9615/franchi1ga7.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1754/franchi2bf9.jpg

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Welcome to SGW. While its not that uncommon to have some kind of wear around the ejection port on a semi auto. This is excessive and especially for the number of rounds you fired. My 612 (same gun in 12 gauge) with several thousand round does not even come close to the kind of wear you have.

I have two Franchi's but, never needed to use their customer service other than ordering a hat. I would hope they would take care of you with this. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shipped to Benelli today. As soon as I hear from them I will post the results. Not sure what they could do with this except replace the receiver because it was just cast too thin in that area. The reason it just showed up was because the old fellow that bought it originally never shot it but a couple of times. He is 84 and decided to liquidate his collection for living money since he cannot hunt anymore and is on a fixed income. It didn't look that way when I got it from him and it only took a 100 rounds to do that. My fear is that if I keep shooting it that it will spread and eventually that whole lip will chip off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Benelli called today and ask me to send the barrel and the forearm because they intend to replace the entire gun. I was told it would take 4-6 weeks from the time they received the other parts, depending also on how fast the ATF gets the transfer paperwork back to them. I will post a final report once they complete the transaction....but so far so good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

Talked with Dan at Franchi last week and found out the delay was that they did not have any gas action guns to replace my defective 620 with. I told them I would take whatever they had in wood as long as it was a semi and they shipped me a brand new Franchi I-12 in wood. Got to say it is a nice looking gun and I am satisfied with their customer service, seeing that the 620 is out of production and I bought the gun used(though it was in a like new condition). Too bad I bought a brand new Stoeger 2000 back at Christmas because I was planning on getting a 20 gauge back from Franchi but at least now I have options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts