Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a parkerized 18" 870 Police as well (I went with the bead sight, though, as I have trouble picking up the rifle sights quickly) and I know exactly what you mean. I like my Mossberg 590, but the 870 just feels so solid compared to it.
If you haven't done it already, be sure to clean out the inside as well (that sticky grease film is everywhere). If you want to keep the shotgun hammer-back, I guess that would be fine (I haven't read anywhere that it isn't OK), but I like to keep the hammer down on an empty chamber with the tube loaded; that way, all I have to do is give it a pump and I'm ready to go and I don't have to worry about even the possibility of spring set (well, I do replace the magazine spring every year as cheap insurance).
Likewise, dry firing should be no problem.
As far as what to wipe it down with, you'll have to ask someone else, because the tiny "IMP CYL" stamp on my barrel is still white with T-shirt lint! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.