Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In one of the stranger headlines today comes the apparent (never discount a hoax) prediction of a man named Mike Lee who predicted, he says from a dream as a child, that the Cubs would win the World Series in 2016, and had that prediction as his caption in his 1993 high school year book.

1993 yearbook prediction goes viral
http://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/2016/1 ... al-pkg.wgn

I try to be a skeptic with a slightly open mind.

But this is one of those coincidences that might, maybe be a sliver of proof that dreams may predict the future.

Do you believe that some modern (let's leave out ancient prophets and religion) people have some kind of gift for prophecy?

I'd like to, but it takes more than this to convince me.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm no prophet but I certainly believe in premonition. Ive had dreams about things I couldn't have possibly known about beforehand just to have it happen the next day or the next week. Things that I had no control over. It doesn't happen very often.

I wouldn't take it as proof if they do win as it could just be a coincidence.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That Mike Lee apparently predicted the Cubs to even be in the 2016 World Series at least 23 years before the most unlucky baseball team in history is against incalculable odds.

Perhaps the most convincing case, ever, of a well documented premonition was by retired tennis player Edwin Fischer who had sent various post cards to friends warning them to not be on Wall Street in New York on September 16, 1920. The famous Wall Street bombing occurred at noon on September 16, and although arrested, the authorities determined he was insane, harmless, totally innocent (he was entirely alibied) and that he'd made other predictions that didn't pan out. But Fischer hit the date of the bombing on the nose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_P._Fischer

He claimed God told him.

Who knows?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
SuperXOne said:
That Mike Lee apparently predicted the Cubs to even be in the 2016 World Series at least 23 years before the most unlucky baseball team in history is against incalculable odds.
I haven't a clue how professional baseball works but I understand enough to know what you are saying.

The one that sticks out in my mind is this:

I remember as a teenager having a dream that my family was travelling in a car down a four lane highway. My dad was driving and wound up turning around and headed into oncoming traffic in the wrong lane.

The very next day we travelled to my grandmother's house and he did exactly what I had dreamed about. It was so odd. I felt the exact same way in the reality of it as I did in my dream. I remembered my dream that morning when I woke up and not when the incident happened too. I hadn't told anyone about it. No one got hurt, no accidents or anything. It's one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
He claimed God told him.

Who knows?
God knows.

Unclean spirits often claim authority, and there is no greater Authority than God.

Just saying.

Psychics work with unclean spirits. The way I understand it, a spirit tells the fortune teller a fortune. Suppose the fortune teller tells the mark that they will be involved in a car accident. Well, that same unclean spirit knows another unclean spirit that has possession, or some little control, of another man, who then smashes his car into that of the mark. Another successful "prediction". And, such false predictions build trust, and then faith, in unclean spirits. That's all they want from you. Your faith.

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
Paul Harvey told a "rest of the story" about a young soldier in the First World War who was taking cover in a foxhole with the rest of his squad. He claimed to hear a voice in his head commanding him to get up and leave. So he did, right before an enemy shell struck killing all of his companions. That soldier was Adolph Hitler.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pure science says that predicting the future by dreams or psychics is impossible because the future hasn't happened yet. They'd dismiss the above examples as coincidence, just the "law of large numbers" at work.

It's reported that every scientific, double blind study of phychic powers of prediction has failed to show that any powers of prediction or extra sensory perception exits.

The counter to the scientists is the widely held belief that "God has an eternal plan". If that's the case then perhaps God occasionally reveals that plan to his creations here on Earth. The proof would be in the accurate predictions that occasionally are documented beyond any reasonable chance of a hoax.

It could also be that by some quirk of quantam physics there is a scientific reason that future time travel is possible, and that the future is predestined independently of religion.

The fun is we get to read about the occasional right on the money prophecy and wonder how the mystery of life and the future really works.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ezra Smack said:
Did your dream cause you to do or say something that prevented your Dad from having a wreck?
Not that I can recall. I couldn't have been more than thirteen years old at the time. What I do remember is that the dream and the incident were exactly the same. When it happened it was like watching a tv show episode twice in a row.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Before you read this I just want to say that I fully expect most of you to roll your eyes at it.

I assume that most of you are familiar with the Book of Life that is referenced in the Bible right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Life
"In the Hebrew Bible the Book of Life - the book or muster-roll of God - records forever all people considered righteous before God. God has such a book, and to be blotted out of it signifies death.[1] It is with reference to the Book of Life that the holy remnant is spoken of as being written unto life[2] in Jerusalem;[3] compare also Ezekiel ix. 4, where one of the six heavenly envoys "who had the scribe's inkhorn upon his loins" is told to mark the righteous for life, while the remainder of the inhabitants of Jerusalem are doomed. The Psalmist likewise speaks of the Book of Life in which only the names of the righteous are written "and from which the unrighteous are blotted out".[4] Even the tears of men are recorded in this Book of God.[5] "Every one that shall be found written in the book . . . shall awake to everlasting life".[6] This book is probably identical with the "Book of Remembrance" in which are recorded the deeds of those that fear the Lord.[7]"

Okay, so what you ask? Well there is also something referred to by Spiritualist type people called The Akoshic Record which is basically the collective knowledge of every human being who has ever existed.

https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-21066 ... 12704.html
"The Akashic Records or "The Book of Life" can be equated to the universe's super computer system. It is this system that acts as the central storehouse of all information for every individual who has ever lived upon the earth. More than just a reservoir of events, the Akashic Records contain every deed, word, feeling, thought, and intent that has ever occurred at any time in the history of the world. Much more than simply a memory storehouse, however, these Akashic Records are interactive in that they have a tremendous influence upon our everyday lives, our relationships, our feelings and belief systems, and the potential realities we draw toward us."

It is said that some of history's greatest minds drew their knowledge from these Akashic Records.

There are different ways that this information can be revealed to us.

http://www.akashictransformations.net/a ... ordsFAQ#q4
"People access the Akashic Records often through intuition, prayer, meditation, and flashes of insight. Many of us experience these glimpses of the Akashic Records on a daily basis. For many people, intentionally opening ourselves to our intuition and inner guidance provides a powerful opening to the information in the Akashic Records."

Energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed either. Our thoughts and even our emotions are a form of energy. Our thoughts and emotions do not cease to exist even after we stop actively experiencing them.

Not only everything that has ever happened, but everything that can happen (but not necessarily will) is recorded in those records too and that would explain how someone can have a premonition.

These types of things fascinate me. The human mind is powerful beyond belief if you are skilled in using it.

I could go on and on but most of you probably stopped reading after the first paragraph so I will stop here.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
fishinpolejoe said:
I could go on and on but most of you probably stopped reading after the first paragraph so I will stop here.
I lied. I'd also like to throw this in:

http://www.akashicrecordsofsouls.com/
"I signed up for an Akashic Record Reading after my husband raved about his. Since he is pretty much the Most Practical Living Human, I figured if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me. I was mildly skeptical, but I didn't want to be unsupportive, so I tried to have an open mind.

Honestly, in the month or so after having our records read, it felt like our lives fell apart all at once. Whole sections of our families disowned us with seemingly no provocation. My biggest client very nicely fired me for no real reason. Another company I was doing work for went out of business, totally unexpectedly. My blog - which is my livelihood - came under major public attack. It was unbelievable. The crap really hit the fan.

BUT. In the context of the things that Akemi and I talked about, it all made sense. All of those relationships that were toxic and draining - gone. All of the clients I wasn't happy about working with - gone. All the fears that I had associated with my career and my public image and all that stuff - it all just got, I don't know, dealt with. It was like God or the Divine or the Whatever You Want To Call It said, OK. Now that you're ready, I'll put things in order for you.

I don't go in for stuff like this. I get freaked out by things I don't understand. But honestly, I'll pay whatever Akemi charges because it worked. My life is so much clearer. I didn't realize that living my life was like trying to walk in quicksand until I wasn't in the quicksand anymore. And it's wonderful." ~ Naomi Dunford, Canada

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.