Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt sorry for this Beretta Al 2 I found at the pawn shop and it followed me home. It is sooo ugly, someone drilled the receiver for a scope mount(and scratched their social security#to the underside), added rifle sites on the vents, and most of all, they had cut the barrell to 21" and put on a cutts compensatior at the end. I loveingly call it my ugly stick. Should I even bother with trying to find a replacement barrell or just have it cut and add ic.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Shoot it as is! You have a gun that already, you don't have to worry about keeping immaculate! Every one should have one of those!

A barrel is going to be almost as expensive as another gun anyway. Save what you might spend on a replacement barrel for a pretty gun, a little later!

You likely got it for a song, why spend enough to buy a new or almost new, good shape gun, fixing it up? You could never get that much money back out of it afterward, anyway.

Clyde

·
Registered
500 Posts
RK!
Jugchoke is 100% right about getting your money back when starting with a gun with that much aesthetic damage already inflicted upon it! Shoot it like you stole it; which as somebody else already pointed out it in all likelyhood seems you did financially! Enjoy it as is since parts for that gun ain't easy to come by.
BB

:wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got to shoot it last night after work, and all I can say is HOLY SH**. I timidly loaded a shell and boom everything fine but very very loud. I started shooting several shells at 30 yards and did not notice that my target had one large hole, completely destroyed the same backing I use on my 1100(It never does that even at full choke). Put up a second target and boom, a 4 to 5 " blown out center, shot a few more, exact pattern. I think I will keep my ugly stick just like it is, hopefully I can slide it in on a turkey shoot tonight for a few rounds before they kick me out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts