Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The property that I was supposed to be able to hunt that is a lot closer to me than most of the public ground in AL has not come together due to friend-of-a-friend scheduling conflict, but thems the breaks!So, I have dug out some old permits and maps of some Natl forrest land and wildlife management areas. Since I haven't set foot on any of these places sice '97 I have some rebuilding ground work to do. I am going to stop at a store in the area that has good trail maps and topo maps and reaquaint myself with the place on paper as I verify that roads and landmarks are where they say they are, the forrest service has this thing about not only NOT marking a road but having new ones popup.At some point anyone can face loss of current hunting ground and be faced with finding somewhere new to go or decide to hunt in a new area, the process is the same. Faced with this you can find a new place, get as much info as you can, and then get to the hard part of putting some miles under boot. At this point I'm not overly interested in the actual hunting part I want to know the area, look for sign, check boundaries, just generally to comfortable with the area. There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts