Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh how I love Colorado...................but the good news for the locals is I will not be moving there.

I will however be making a 10 day tour of SW Colorado and was hoping that you could guide me to places to shoot along the way. I will be making the trip in early June..........any help would be most appreciated!! Jack

·
Registered
42 Posts
Alrighty Then...........
There is a large range maybe 5 miles East of Colorado Springs. Actually two ranges not to far apart. One mostly for other than shotgun.
One about 30 miles East of Colorado Springs. Huge range.
There is a range in Penrose South about 30 miles from Colorado Springs. Trap, skeet, 25/50 yard pistol and rifle
There is a range in Pueblo I have never been to.
There is a range in Buena Vista I saw only trap. Beat up but useable
There is a free NRA built (now owned by the city) Gun Range just outside of Salida. Hand trap, pistol , rifle I believe to 500 yards.
There is another free range above Colorado Springs in the mountains inside a National Forrest.
Legal to shoot firearms with a few restrictictions inside a National Forrest in Colorado. There are a lot of national Forrests here.
My favorite is the NRA Whittington Center Range just 10 miles inside New Mexico. This is the biggest NRA Range in the country.
Some of the area in green you have marked on the map I have not had a reason to shoot in.
Have fun and ask questions. I will help if I can.

·
Registered
301 Posts
There are three I do not see on your map. All sporting Clays.
Wolcot exit on I 70 for Pine Valley Sporting Clays,unbelievable back drops and good targets.Glenwood Springs just west of town is a local club mostly Sporting Clays.Seth is the target setter (evil man with a clay target ) but a great guy and nice peaple.And lastly is the DelMonte sporting clays near Alamosa.Hope you get to try them all.Oh, about 20 miles south of the boarder in NM near Antonito,CO is Taos Sporting clays, interesting to shoot at 8,000 feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts