Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
The array of hulls Hodgdon lists is terribly confusing to me as a newbie. Due to erratic availability of factory loads and high prices, I've got quite a variety of shot hulls available. I think I'm going to pick Win AAs, as that's what came with the reloader I just bought, so maybe it's already set up for them. But at some point, I'm going to need Hodgdon's help with other hulls and it's a struggle to know what to select.

Remington STS is listed in 4 different places, not including the multiple bismuth options. Win AA has at least 2 choices. Fiocchi has multiple listings, but which one is the 'bargain' Shooting Dynamics hulls I bought in abundance? The worst is the Federal listing. I've got a box full of Top Gun hulls from the Wally World 4 packs, and it's unclear to me which option to choose for them, as they're not listed.

Can someone clarify what lines to select for the recently available 2 3/4" store bought Win AA, Remington Gun Club, Federal Top Gun, and Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics hulls? Thanks for sharing your expertise.

· Registered
316 Posts
Thanks guys. Now if I can just figure out which of the several Hodgdon Rem STS and Win AA menu items to use, I'll be set. I may have to pick each one and see if there are any differences between them. Maybe they're the same data.

· Registered
316 Posts
Again, thanks for the help. I dialed through the Hodgdon options, and either they've cleaned things up or I was mixing up the experience there with the Alliant data options. Some of the choices, for example the "Federal, STS/Nitro/Gun Club" one, yielded no or unhelpful data that was related to components I won't use. I think I've got it straight now. When I find some bulkier powder than TiteGroup, I'll have numerous recipes and be off to the races.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts