Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, shotgunners! I have been referred here by one MarlandS, purveyor of knowledge and general BS. :wink: I'd like to ask a simple question of you experts. I have inherited my Dad's '68-vintage Winchester 1200 pump-action shotgun. Shooting it recently, I noticed a little problem. In short, after the gun goes "boom" I suddenly become aware that the forearm is all the way back (shell ejected) and waiting for me to rack it forward. I don't know when it happens, it just does. Every time I shoot I reflexively work my arm to pump the action, only to find that it's already open. It makes for a split second of confusion that pretty much ruins any chance of a second shot.

I should say that I've been shooting shotguns all my life and have never had this problem before; if I've developed some bad habit it's sudden and unexpected. So have I suddenly gotten some weird flinch or habit, or is there something mechanically wrong with my gun? Is perhaps the action unlocking before it should because of some misalignment or breakage? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks and great forums! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back then they were made to do that and advertised to be the fasted pump on the market. The new ones don't come back like that but still onlock for a fast second shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts