Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
From personal experience the slugs just pass through and didn't really have the desired effect, however the load of 5's should make a nice mess.Any of the 5 food groups are great fun....freeze some milk jugs full of water and shoot those with slugs! There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
THE place to go for cheap targets is a dollar general store, a Save-A-Lot, a Big Lots...or a dented grocery closeout place....any of them have cheap cans of all sorts of things. I HATE hominy and found several of the huge gallon tubs of that crap, left it sitting in the hot sun till they swole up and then put the 6.5 to them.....shaving cream is another good one. AND for a meer $10 you can get a 3gal tub of chitterlings......pig innards!! With the pumpkins, fill them up with liquid first. The seeds sit in an inside area that is mostly hollow, I bet if you get some water or something inside one it will rupture like a fat grape! There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Whackos?? You make that distinction and we havent even covered any of the flammable items!! There is a reason they tell you not to shoot empty propane cylinders.A Valiant.....maybe a Pinto or a Falcon. Junker cars run couple of hundred at the junkyard, $50 from the right lil ol lady.A water heater filled with water and some red dye? That one will get some attention. There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
One time at band camp....... :roll:

or I heard of a guy that took some of those small CO2 cylinders like the ones used in BB pistols and shot them with .22s. and he said they sometimes just vanished.

Shooting anything that may go boom, rupture, or has a warning to the contrary is obviously at YOUR own risk.

Cheap canned cokes or old beer, left in the back of the truck in warm weather and then shaken vigorously prior to be plinked at can make some impressive launches.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Back to original point, was there really one??? oh yeah, that the punkins is in season and prime for shooting practice. There are fine targets to be found right now. Even better right around the first of November, when the left overs can be had for cheap and the road side finds are free. Try filling them with red Koolaid or dye, then when the rupture it gives a gross out effect, the kiddies....ok, I like it!

Lets remember NO drive by's, those on the porches and haybales should be considered off limits, in a safe zone as it were.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You just need to get more creative is all, fill them with Jello and let them setup....then take a shot at them. Layer the flavors in there and watch the technicolor spray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.