Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I always look for more interesting targets to shoot. One time when I shot a coffee can with a deer slug it blew of the bottom and all of one side and the can went straight up into the air about 15 feet! We could never reproduce this though. :( I also shot a very old rusty can full of creamed corn. hehehe The last interesting thing I shot was a pig skull. It was just sitting with pride on top of a manure pile and I blasted it with a #8 out of a full choke. We couldn't find any pieces of significant size. Now I am looking at old pumpkins (complete with innards). I was wondering which would have a more explosive effect. 3" magnum 20 gauge #5 or 20 gauge deer slugs. Also what do you guys shoot that is entertaining to watch the effects? -Chris

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hehehe Thanks for all the responses, guys (and gals)! You all have some interesting ideas. Actually, they remind me of some of the stuff I have shot. One time my friend had this old radio and tape deck that we got to shoot. (I was using my Ruger 10/22.) It was also fun when we got to shoot old dishes (plates, cups, etc.). This friend lives on a farm so we just set the plates on the edge of their trash wagon, and all the pieces fell inside. I will probably take out that pumpkin this weekend. So I will tell you all how it goes.-Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.