Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Years ago we would pay the trap boys (old hand set traps) to throw up frog/toads in the spring. The club we belong to was in the bottoms and had millions of small frogs invade it each spring. We would shoot at night under the lights and if you hit them just right they would turn into a pink mist ! 8) 8)

The coffee can thing I tried with a 6mm Rem round after packing the can with snow. Blew out the back side of the can. The lid shot at least 70 ft in the air.

A friend of mine has an annual "shoot the car" party. Pulls a old wreck out on his property and we open up with whatever you bring. It is an education as to where you want to be if some shooting at you. An old Crysler K car offers little or no protection from almost any firearm! The engine block was the only thing that would stop bullets. Even a 44 mag at close range with full boat loads would only scratch the surface. Big centerfire rifle stuff, 30-06, would punch it nicely and zip right through steel wheels. :shock: :shock:

APEXDUCK

· Registered
330 Posts
My favorite "target" is a one litre cardbord milk carton with the top cut off and filled with petrol (gas), light the petrol and shoot :twisted: .
A 223, 22-250 etc is best but 12 gauge slugs do work very well as do bullets from a 7.62x54r :lol: .

· Registered
519 Posts
TV loads are a hard beast to kill. What screen size? Is it an old console type or just the common table top model? Color or BW? Depending on your local laws you may need to use non-toxic shot on TV. Be sure to check your local limits as well!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

APEXDUCK

· Registered
114 Posts
watermelons and gallon jugs full of water are fun to shoot with slugs. I think #5 shot would just put alot of holes in the thing.
I would go to wal-mart and buy up a bunch of 20 ga buckshot at about $3 a box of 5, and then shoot the pumpkins, that would really make a mess at about 25 feet.

· Registered
220 Posts
I once put a magnum load through a broken 52'' plasma flat screen somebody dumped by the carpark at my gun club. Very, very cool!

· Registered
8 Posts
APEXDUCK said:
TV loads are a hard beast to kill. What screen size? Is it an old console type or just the common table top model? Color or BW? Depending on your local laws you may need to use non-toxic shot on TV. Be sure to check your local limits as well!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

APEXDUCK
APEXDUCK, that one put me over the top! ROFLMAO! When that other guy asked what loads were best for a TV, I was just waiting for someone to jump all over that. Good one buddy!
I'm out of breath laughing over here.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cale
Calgary
1953 A-5 proud owner

· Registered
215 Posts
:D :D hi guys , i enjoyed this post so much that you made me want to go shooting right now . so is it possible to organize a shoot ? i would gladly give up a couple days of my deer season to do this . the only thing i had thought was neat to shoot was gal. jug filled with water . keep up the good work of stress relieve . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: errol

· Registered
257 Posts
8) I agree with Chad e. I want one of them "shoot me Elmo's"
If that feels good I may look for a Cabbage Patch or maybe some of them Beenie things. Just think of one of those Beenies taking a direct hit with a 12 ga rifled slug. Milk jugs filled with water and hanging on a limb are great too.

· Registered
20 Posts
A lot of great suggestions! I'd like to second the AOL CD's trap style! What a great idea! The more money of AOL you can waste, the less they can spend trying to outlaw guns! And what an ironic way to do it! I used to like milk jugs or two liter bottles filled with water, and a high velocity rifle. (300 WBY does an excellent job!) But, i've no where to do it anymore. :cry:

I'd also get satisfaction from any Barbara Stiesand CD's or anything from that b!tc# Jane Fonda too. But I'm not going to buy there products to do it.

Hey, Apexduck, you think we can get the club to hold an AOL CD trap shoot? Could do it to benefit the NRA!

Damn.... I'm a vindictive *******... :twisted:

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Well, I live in Connecticut, so TV's are probably a protected and endangered species. After all, the politicians need them in order to undermine the 2nd amendment to the constitution. Last year they outlawed shooting them over bait, and now you can only shoot them on private electronics preserves (my backyard is one). Just show ta go ya:)

"That Other Guy"

· Registered
3,014 Posts
I hope ya'll cleaned up all this junk that ya'll have shot. If not the range ought to be a dump by now. Remember where ever you shoot, be safe, clean up & leave only your footprints. Oh, don't forget to take a kid shooting. Keith

· Registered
222 Posts
"any of my wifes video tapes that have been shown on Lifetime more than twice in one month."

Can't we just visit Lifetime and shoot their entire video collection. AARRRGGGHHH lifetime tv should be considered a terrorist plot to overthrow men.

G

·
Shot lots of stuff, but the most interesting was shooting one of those "Eagle Claw" 9mm into milk jugs. They call them "cop killers" and no doubt, they are the nastiest bullet made. (outlawed now..for good reason..) Me and a buddy took his 9mm out to a field and lined up 5 milk jugs next to each other, in a row. The bullet went through about 3 if I remember, anyway, these bullets are hollow point and mushroom into about 20 metal hooks..You could see how these things could tear you up, plus be tough for a Dr. to extract.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Back to original point, was there really one??? oh yeah, that the punkins is in season and prime for shooting practice. There are fine targets to be found right now. Even better right around the first of November, when the left overs can be had for cheap and the road side finds are free. Try filling them with red Koolaid or dye, then when the rupture it gives a gross out effect, the kiddies....ok, I like it!

Lets remember NO drive by's, those on the porches and haybales should be considered off limits, in a safe zone as it were.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.