Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
I just came back from pumpkin shooting, it was not as fun as I thought it would be, I used #1 buck, it just blew the back out of the pumpkins. I need to try some hollowpoint slugs. The AR15 did some nice damage too.

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You just need to get more creative is all, fill them with Jello and let them setup....then take a shot at them. Layer the flavors in there and watch the technicolor spray.

G

·
here in the great state of wisconsin we (at least me) arn't very ad vanced so i have two uses for computers finding web sits like this on and target practice. (more so in Suamico)

· Registered
48 Posts
Just outside of town there is a place that used to be a dump, so there are nice tall berms surrounding the area and lots of junk to shoot. Plenty of beer bottles, but also other odds and ends. Refrigerators, loveseats, sidetables, lamps, you name it. I think the funniest thing I ever saw was my friend popping a Scooby-Doo doll from 20 yards with his .30-06, over and over again. Poor little Scooby was hopping all around and his stuffing was flying. Good times.

G

·
I can state for a fact, that if you fill a pumpkin with water and then shoot it with a .300 Weatherby Magnum from about 30' away, you WILL get wet and you will NOT find any pieces of pumpkin bigger than your fist.

G

·
My appologies, to stay on the subject of shotguns... my brothers and I have been doing our annual Pumpkin Hunt for 11 years, and have found that buckshot is about the most effective tool for dismantling a non-water filled pumpkin from any distance less than 20'.

· Registered
33 Posts
For Shotguns: I love shooting huge antpiles with #9. They just explode all over the place in dusty chaos.

For Rifles: I have a 7mm Rem Ultra Mag in a, to loosly state it, "tactical" (someone define a tactical rifle for me)configuration. My friend and I are designing a evil karate dummy in adolf hitler and bin laden garb, filling it with colored water and engaging it at 500 yrds. Its gonna be a truly interesting sight. A little psycho, but cool nonetheless.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.