Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know my buddy that shoots alot more SC than i do swares buy them... he has a set for his O/U and his extrema. I got a set for my O/U and have no complants for sure. All the coments i have herd was positive. I ran in to a guy at a range and he had a set and also said he was a machenist. he said he took them to work and meserd them.. and they where exactly what the sayed they where, unlike some other aftermarket ones he had looked at. I think they are the longest, so that meens longer forcing cone, atlest one would think. I figer if i am in the markit for some new tubes, i will spend the few extra dollos and stepp up.

B7R

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I've only shot with guys using them, and I have measured the same with a dial bore gauge------they shoot tight for constriction, only thing I could tell different was the long parallel section. 1.5" where most are 5/8"

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If you need to extend your barrel about 3" then their great. :D Otherwise I can't tell any difference between them an a lot of other chokes, except for the price of the Pure Golds. $$$$

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Blaster, where did you find this one? I started it back in 2003!

As a follow up, I've been shooting them since then. The Pure Golds are excellent chokes that are machined to very close tolerances. They pattern very well for me, and probably do shoot a little bit tighter than the constriction dictates. They do however measure to the diameter listed. The ported chokes look really cool, but on an o/u they quickly become tiresome. You quicky get a tar like buildup between the chokes as the gasses coming out of one choke are directed directly onto the other choke on an o/u. It is a real pain to clean, and if you let it build up it makes it very hard to change chokes. I have recently switched to the non-ported pure golds and am completely happy. I'm not claiming that they are the best out there because I haven't tried them all. But I am happy with the ones I have, and will probably buy more if I am unhappy with the chokes that come with any other guns I happen to buy. I do, however, find it ironic that it costs more to buy unported Pure Golds than it does to buy the ported Pure Golds...

One of the black oxide chokes that I bought wasn't coated very well. I ran into one of the Pure Gold reps at a shoot and showed it to him. He went to his truck and handed me a new one with no questions asked, even though I had already been shooting that one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
lol Man i just tiped in Pure Gold under search and this came up. I did not even look at the date, or even think of it. yea the bld up can get prity bad an on O/U, i can defently tell buy the end of a round of sporting clays which choke i used the most, which is usely light mod and IC. to clean mine i just soked them in a cup of cleaner, and hit them with a stanless steal brush and the gunk just fell off. My buddy tryed some of the Cleaner maid buy Pure Gold and he said it cleaned well adn shined them up shiner than new. I got to admit, having almost 2in of shiny stanless steal, comming out of the baral looks cool. lol
B7R

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think this what Blaster7Romeo was attempting to say. I ran it through a spell checker............

"LOL Man I just typed in Pure Gold under search and this came up. I did not even look at the date, or even think of it. Yea the buildup can get pretty bad an on O/U, I can definitely tell by the end of a round of sporting clays which choke I used the most, which is usually light mod and IC. To clean mine I just soaked them in a cup of cleaner, and hit them with a stainless steal brush and the gunk just fell off. My buddy tried some of the cleaner made by Pure Gold and he said it cleaned well and shined them up shiner than new. I got to admit, having almost 2in of shiny stainless steal, coming out of the barrel looks cool. LOL

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went the black oxide route on my ported chokes since I sometimes have trouble with the left eye taking over. Was trying to avoid any chance that my left eye would pick up glare off of the chrome ones. Didn't help with the eye dominance problem and I ended up with chokes that were really fun to clean since you don't want to soak or scrub the black oxide chokes too much.... I really don't miss the ported chokes on bit...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well there is no spell checker on the forum when you post. You should make that a suggestion to the web master. If my spelling offends you. I know I cant spell... It is just not high priority for me. Because I don't push paper for a living. Nor want to. I have not ben able to spell all my life like my father before me and his father before him. My family just cant spell. Lord only knows how we all graduated from college. I know with a D in English. I ususly do type my posts up in Word so I can spell check them, but I ben lazy. It takes me 2x as long to make a post that way. And most of the time I don't even notice if someone ells misspells something. If can still read it and understand the communication. I don't care if you make fun of me... I don't take it seriously. :wink:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have Carlson sporting clays, Pure Gold ported and Colonial Elite Series extended, ported chokes.

My favorite is the Colonial choke. It's beautifully machined, throws great patterns, the finish isn't coming off, AND it costs about $25.00 less than the Pure Gold choke.

I've had 3 different gunsmiths tell me that Colonial does the best work-they always use thier chokes.

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I think they are very ugly. I'm sure they are good chokes but really, how much difference is there in chokes? i would just get a more conventional looking set from briley or someone. The porting and extra length won't make enough of a difference for you to feel in either the recoil or patterns. Plus they are ugly...did i say that already? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Slide Stop dug it up this time. I have not even logged on this forum in 10 or 11 months then all the sudden I get an email saying someone had replied. But anyway!!!

I am still shooting Pure Golds i got a set for my Cynergy in black and they don't look near as bad when they get the carbon on them.

P.S. The new firefox has spell checker built in it :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
bridgeburner said:
I'll bet that if I advertised Kryptonite choke tubes that gave Super patterns I could get $150 each for them!
Heck I better replace my Titanium ones with a set of these.

Mike {CR8

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.