Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having owned any tubes before, I'm hoping to get a little input. When in the gun, there is a slight amount of play at the bore end of them, is that fine? Also, when putting them in, they go easily till about 1" is still out, then I need to pound them in the rest of the way, is that normal?

I'm figuring that they are fine, but since I bought them used, just wanted to make sure. I guess if they fit perfect, there would be no need for fitted tubes :D

If the play at the end is not fine, when I have it at Briley to have the triggers done, I may also just trade them in on a set of fitted tubes.

Thanks
Gene

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Yes, the play at the end is fine and yes, you should have some resistance when trying to insert them fully. What are you pounding on them with? I hope a nylon hammer.

If the play in the end bothers you, change your choke tube to something tighter until they don't go in at all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubber malet.

I've tried a full choke, but since I'm shooting extended chokes, the tube comes to the end of the barrel and then falls short the 1/2" or so of the extension. Hence, the taper is over a longer distance and it didn't help. I should probably find someone that has flush Invector Plus chokes and try them since the constriction would be over a shorter distance and all contained in the barrel. Either that or I'll just pick up a cheap flush mount Invector Plus full choke during lunch and give it a whirl.

Thanks for the info, just trying to get "real world" input to balance out what Briley told me with what some guys at the club were saying. Briley also said the play was fine and if I didn't like it to just wrap the ends of the tubes in electrical tape or like you stated, to try a tighter choke. Then on the other hand some guys at the club were saying that they have to be snug or they will bend etc...

For $250 I guess I really can't complain though. :wink:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
For them to fit every barrel they have to be able to go into the tightest barrel that they might encounter and if they're not snug in the chamber area (which is the close tolerence area of any shotgun barrel) they would eject every time you shot them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.