Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve, I been meaning to ask, just haven't got around to it.

How are you doing since the operation? Well I hope. Have they got you doing the therapy yet. You know its going to be a slow process, don't you?

My wife had it done about 2 years ago, or they tried to do it.
When they got it there, they said there was no rotator cuff to repair. It was gone!!!!!!

Hope you recover soon an can get back to shooting soon.

Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
20,026 Posts
Yeah, good luck, Steve. :D

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Hi Steve,

Wasn't aware of this.Hope you will be back in action, if you are not already,soon.May you recover fast.All the very best.

-
Vikram

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
thanks all--slow, i knew it would be, when i had my other done i sheared it in two--this one only had a 50 cent piece hole in it---still had to reattach it to the bone though---went in arthoscopically first--hoping for an easy fix but knowing me....................

i didn't like the way they do them here [other was emergency repair] so i made the trip to okc where my shooting buddies had work done--and this guy does o/u ball players surgery.

i am doing my own therapy to his r/x---started at 6 days and will continue for 6 weeks----that long before it can do work---therapy is passive. will be two weeks thursday and am already at 80 degrees vertical--so should be good to go at 6 weeks

here, they make you keep it in a sling fo a month xcept to hang and twirl---when therapy starts it is like moving a rock---a hurting like hell rock. i am too far away from therapy to go every day---and i do it 4 times a day----grit your teeth and jump in :shock: :?

thanks for the concern----y'all going to have to tolerate one hand typing/spelling/punctuation---------for awhile yet :roll: :wink:

don----so how is your wife now--hope they were able to re-attach :( :cry:

oh, and if all goes as well as i hope---he will re-do the other shoulder next winter

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve. They weren't able to reattach, shes lost a lot of mobility with that arm. The Dr. said there was nothing to work with. I don't know what can be done now. She favor's that arm an now the other one's hurting her.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Steve, Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and long term success.

TexasTon said:
thanks for the concern----y'all going to have to tolerate one hand typing/spelling/punctuation---------for awhile yet :roll: :wink:
BTW, if you're using more than two fingers on that one hand, you've still got a distinct advantage over me. :cry: :oops:

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
EyeMissum said:
Steve. They weren't able to reattach, shes lost a lot of mobility with that arm. The Dr. said there was nothing to work with. I don't know what can be done now. She favor's that arm an now the other one's hurting her.
geeeshhhhh don, i am so sorry to hear that, but i don't understand----had the tissue degenerated :?: someone/somewhere, has to be able to either build a syn replacement or have some type of repair. i would be happy to ask my dr if you want-----i can't imagine :cry:

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
ShootingStar said:
BTW, if you're using more than two fingers on that one hand, you've still got a distinct advantage over me. :cry: :oops:
ss, i don't know why, but one day the misses says she is getting us internet, i said bah-humbug, within a week i was using two hands--within a month i was at 60 wpm---don't know why it came easy----just did----one of those things i guess. :roll:

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
I didn't know, TT.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
ron/mr.ben----no problem--could easily be worse, but thanks just the same. wish my eyes were this easy to fix----but i don't have my favorite lab leading me around either----so no problems on this end :wink:

·
Registered
767 Posts
TT, you gonna be healed up for the SGW Dominant Predator shoot at the end of March, as I recall you shot pretty well last year!

Johnboy

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
idunno Johnboy, just have to wait and see, the wing shouldn't be causing problems by then but................................................ :?

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I know you're probably tired of typing with one hand but I have to ask. What happened that you needed surgery? And what caused the issue? Were there any particular signs that it was going down hill?

The reason I ask is that about 15 years ago I dislocated my right shoulder. Since then there have been times I have been able to strengthen it back up but if I play raquetball too often, or try and throw a baseball or football too hard, I'm in pain for a day or too.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
What happened that you needed surgery? And what caused the issue? Were there any particular signs that it was going down hill?
well, i'm 55, started driving tractor when i was 5---by 10 i was doing what men were on an irrigated farm, some things just wear out. whatever the names are of those pieces to that socket, have worn, the piece that over hangs just gets closer and closer to the cuff--builds up with arthritis and becomes a saw on that material.

if, and it is an expensive if, you had an mri done and it showed calcium buildups on that cap piece---that is rubbing/sawing on the tissue---and exerting it pushes it to the limit of movement---they can go in there arthoscopically-remove that ledge that is causing the problem----maybe put one stitch in the cuff, and you be blowin/going in 10 days. if, they can determine that's all it is.

i did the major damage 4 years ago this last fall---got out of a combine at 3 am---everything iced over--tools in right hand and being careful :roll: :roll: solid ice platform--stepped out and feet went out from under me with a ten foot fall below---grabbed the guardrail with my left hand--rest of me went off. pretty good jar when all the slack was taken out----and pretty sure that is when the bulk of the damage occured :roll: :? :shock:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Once again Steve, hope you recover fast and start enjoying your shooting. All the very best.

You too, Don. Hope your Mrs' health getes better.Best thoughts are said for both of your welfare.

-

Vikram

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Ouch TT, that's sounds quite painful.

Hope you are on the road to a complete recovery and that it is all worth it.

Same for Mrs. EyeMissum.

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts