Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have two questions regarding this gun, and both relate to each other. First, I am about to buy one, and do not know what choke is on the gun. It has a fixed choke, how could I tell?

Second, regarding chokes, I would really like to shoot some slugs through this gun, yet I have read on the eaacorp.com manual, not to shoot slugs through a constriction of more than IC, my question is, if my gus has a modified or full choke, is it actually hazardous to shoot a slug through it, i.e blowing the barrel? Or will I just get bad accuracy, cause I have shot slugs through my Baikal .410 with a mod choke, with no problems.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Do not shoot slugs through anything tighter than IC. It not only affects accuracy but it can do damage.
I have an IZH18 Sporting but have no idea what chokes the regular IZH18 has.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Q8, The book says IC or less constriction, but as you found out with your .410, they will shoot out of a modified. I wouldn't reccomend it, but it has been done safely. Check out the gun a little closer to see if it has screw in chokes. If not and you plan to use slugs, get one no tighter the IC..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot,

First, I think I shall contact Baikal, and see what they have got to say about identifying the choke. Then, if its more than IC, I shall shoot a couple of slugs through it and look for signs of damage in the muzzle.

Once again, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.