Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I only see pistol grips on pump guns and never on auto's? Wouldn't the auto's lighter recoil be more condusive to using a pistol grip?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Auto's have more regulations by law then pumps. My guess is that it's illegal to have one on an auto. At least in California it is. It's probably illegal for me to post this too...but I guess thats just CA for ya :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shane916 said:
Auto's have more regulations by law then pumps. My guess is that it's illegal to have one on an auto. At least in California it is. It's probably illegal for me to post this too...but I guess thats just CA for ya :(
Thus the nick name...."commifornia" *sigh*It's just a freakin handle. I guess it could be worse though...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unless they are gas operated, auto's need recoil to work the bolt. This means placing the shotgun against something for the recoil to work. This is better done with a shoulder than just a pistol grip alone.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Speedfeed makes a pistolgrip/shoulder stock combo that sells pretty well for the semi's like the remington 11-87... they even sell a model that has a reduced LOP for tactical/smaller shooters application... i'm investigating a purchase 8)

and yes, if you've ever disassembled a remington 11-87 semi, there's a long metal rod attached to the receiver that would make a true pistol grip install a challenge :shock:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
On the Benelli M1's, the link on the back of the bolt extends into the buttstock when the bolt is at the rear.

Benelli offered their M3 with a folding stock at one time:

·
Registered
32 Posts
after reading the Benelli web sight, there shot gun needs the gun to move from the recoil for it to be able to eject and place a new shell into the gun. Even states on there sight that about the only way for it not to work is placing the gun up agents a sold object and firing. may cause the gun not to cycle.

Jesse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts