Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to skeet and would like to know if you can just shoot at one station until you get it down? I know you go from high house to low house and its 25 rounds,thats what you pay for but can you shoot all 25 at one station if you want to in practice? their would be nobody the except me and the guy that does the pulling> thanks. sj :?:

·
Registered
205 Posts
sjones said:
I am new to skeet and would like to know if you can just shoot at one station until you get it down? I know you go from high house to low house and its 25 rounds,thats what you pay for but can you shoot all 25 at one station if you want to in practice? their would be nobody the except me and the guy that does the pulling> thanks. sj :?:
I do it all the time. When having trouble with a station I'll shoot an entire box at that one station.

It really depends on your relationship with your club. I haven't found one yet that would not allow it as long as it did not interfere with the normal flow of business.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
As Mike said, I guess it would depend on the club, but if there is an open field 25 clays is 25 clays. I hear that some places are packed and have sign up sheets like a golf course tee times. Places like that were there are limited fields and groups waiting, you might run into some flak.

It's one of the best ways to ingrain the correct lead and sight picture, by working that target presentation.

At our range, your welcome to shoot every round from one station if you like.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
As other have said, it usually only depends on whether someone else is waiting to shoot.

At the place where I shoot, sometimes they don't have someone to pull skeet for us. I prefer it this way. As long as at least one other person comes along, we just pull for each other. Usually we don't bother to keep score. And if someone wants to shoot a target an extra time or two, it's no big deal.

If you are in doubt, just ask before you round starts.

G

·
I think typical etiquette is to know if others are waiting for the field behind you, or if others are shooting with you.
Also, some clubs charge extra for more than 25 birds. My club allows you to throw 4 extra before they charge you more.
I can unload 100+ rounds at a station if I'm having an off day.
If I really need practice, I go to clubs that don't count birds, where I can throw as many as I want for a flat fee.
Practice, practice, practice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts