Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope everyone had a great holiday season. I've had such great luck with my MP153 for the last 2 years that now I'm looking to purchase a Baikal or Spartan 20ga over and under. My question is does the EAA IZH/Baikals have a selectable trigger? How many tubes came with these guns and what choke tubes were they. I've noticed the Spartan 300 is generally selling for over $400 currently in my area which is Southwestern PA. I can still find online some lower priced IZH O/Us in the lower $300 dollar range.

Thanks for any help.
JDS

·
Registered
50 Posts
jds,

Yes the 310 is selectable. You have to push the trigger forward until it clicks, then you are top barrel first. When you open the gun it will switch back. So plan to use it bottom barrel first, but if you see a passing shot coming and want a tighter choke you have the option to switch.

The tubes depend on the model. The standard blued comes with 3, the nickel has 4, sporting has 4.

I bought mine here in NY at Gander Mountain used. I saw them in Greensburgh for $430 last weekend. I haven't seen another deal on them under $400 from here in NY to Pittsburgh since I got mine last March.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the answer to my questions. The Baikal IZH-27 came with 3 chokes... F/M/IC. The gun has a selectable trigger. Thanks casts_by_fly for the Spartan/SPR info.

I've decided to go Spartan/SPR and will picking the gun up Saturday morning from the biggest gun shop in PA. I like the fact that you get 4 chokes with the SPR. Plus the fact that I'll have Remington and the gun shop standing behind the gun if something fails on it. Plus I'll get to see the gun before purchasing it. They quoted me $410, which is the best price I've found on the Spartan/SPR 310 in my area. I'll let everyone know what I initially think of the gun after I pick it up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.