1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
line500
(7/23/02 9:48:16 pm)
quiet 410 loads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
does any one know of a 410 load under 1000 fps ? im looking to keep it real quiet so i don't upset my neighbors. or is there a quit load for sale you know of?

MarlandS
Shotgun Expert
(7/25/02 12:39:58 am)
Re: quiet 410 loads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line500, I don't know of any quiet .410 loads. You might find a loading in a reloading manual under 1000 fps but I'd bt it's still loud.

One problem I can think of is the fact that shot pellets are so light weight that the lower velocity would probably hurt performance.

But I have never researched the topic either so this is all conjecture and opinion.

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(7/25/02 9:10:30 am)
hmmm
hypothetically speaking I'm assuming you are wanting to dispatch something? There are some .22 rounds that are very quiet, not familiar with something in the .410 though.

Discharging a firearm in a city limits is not only unlawful it is very dangerous...think before you act. There are many various options to remove pests from around the home.

Maybe if you let us know, or check out the barn rat thread from previous.

Rick

line500
(7/25/02 4:22:43 pm)
Re: hmmm
i live in the country where it is legal to shoot on my property . but i have a couple of neighbors within about 600 feet and dont want to piss them off with my shootin

MarlandS
Shotgun Expert
(7/25/02 10:29:53 pm)
Re: hmmm
Have you approached them about it? Might not be too much of a problem. I've yet to have a country neighbor that really cared, usually they'll tell you to come down and dispatch some critter or another sometime on their property.

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(7/26/02 8:59:13 am)
hmm
Well, there are several 12ga loads that are low recoil and low noise, compared to standard shells. They were designed for shooting clubs in the NE that were getting encroached upon by housing and they were pretty much looking at making changes or losing the facility.

You would have to check with an avid .410 reloader or one of the powder manufactureres to see what could be made up comparable.

Rick

znstr
(7/26/02 11:20:55 am)
Re: hmm
Rick, How can I buy those "low recoil, low noise" loads . What brands make them? Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rubin

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(7/28/02 12:13:42 pm)
You can usually find them at a Winchester dealer, especially a sporting clays course. Wins product code is AA12FL.

Product description from Wins home site:
www.winchester.com/ammuni...1tYXJ5PW9u

This is a link to CheaperThanDirt:
www.cheaperthandirt.com/c...EPG81C83C9

Hope this helps,
Rick

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(7/28/02 12:17:45 pm)
link?
If the Cheaperthandirt link fuzzes up, just type the product code in the third search area at the top of the screen of CTD, and it will show you the results.

Rick

znstr
(7/28/02 4:41:08 pm)
Re: link?
Thanks Rick,, I decided to go with the Mossberg "' 500 Persuader " for my first ever shotgun (mainly for home security". I wanted to keep the recoil lite. Also, shooting distance will most probably be less than 50 ft. I was thinking that the lowest energy or recoil 20 ga cartridges would have less energy/recoil than the lightest 12 ga cartridges (new, commercially available). Was that thinking correct ?................Btw, I like that Fibonacci 618 in your name. The 0.618 is a very useful number and it is the "golden ratio" hmmmmmmmmm, 0.615 " is the dia of the 20 ga............. Rubin

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(7/29/02 8:44:09 am)
not my intention
I must plead ignorance to the Fibonacci number, the 618 is the month and date of my birth ....I popped over to one of the pages and did recognize the mandelbrot set. Just imagine that these guys were sitting around in the 1200's coming up with complex math concepts, with no computers or calculators and this stuff still stands today. Imagine what our kids could do today w/o tv, video games, and computers? But, the genie is out of the bottle.

www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/F ... ibBio.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts