Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Gentamens,
I have a question I think I alredy know the answer to, but I'm askin' any way.
My "barn gun" is an old double ugly Remignton Sportsman 48 in 20 bore w/ Cutts. (mod)
I would prefer a double gun for this work, but this is the one I don't feel bad about leaving in the barn.
My question refers to spring set. How often should I cycle this pig to make sure the mag spring stays springy?
Also, has anyone ever run #3 buck or a slug through a Cutts? Did you still have a gun afterwords?

·
Premium Member
19,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know when the sportsman 48 was made. It is the predessor to the 11000. It has no plug so if I load it with four I should be alright. The gun is flawless in performance. I ran a box through it as fast as I could to get it hot and look for failure.
There really isn't anything to check out on a Cutts, it is what it is, just a big ugly vent hangin' off the end of the barrel.
The gun has it's own little upright box/cabinet, that keeps most of the larger crud away.

·
Premium Member
19,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
# is #38077** so it must be very early. Wow. It is in pretty good shape with 95% blue. the wood has been thrown around some. It has an old crumbling vented recoil pad. I wonder if this is something better than a barn gun? Nah.

·
Premium Member
19,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I think I'll leave two in the tube with an empty chamber and put a shell holding sleeve on the stock. In all regards a double gun would be better. I'll keep my eye open for such a thing.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.