Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1) Do the r-3 remington recoil pads have that much of a deference from the 870 express 12 gauge synthetic stock recoil pad? I want to get one if it makes that much a deference.

3#) Are there other recoil pads out there that are even better then the r-3 pads that arent much more in price?

#4) I do see walmart has the R-3 Pads for $26.86, is that a good price? Or can I find them cheaper somewhere else?

Let me know , and thanks for your input..

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thats about the same price as any other good recoil pad, Hogue, Pachmayr decelerator (which I have on 3 guns) or Limb Saver. I have never tried a R3 but I assume its just as good as the rest. One possitive is that its made by Remingtob so ya know it will fit a Remington gun perfectly.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
They make a huge difference.

I prefer them to Pachymar and Kick-eez but other feel differently.

$26 seems a little high, check Cabelas, Cheaperthandirt, MPC Sports and BassPro. You may also want to check Ebay.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
R-3 recoil pads are made by LimbSaver.

They are definitely worth the $$.

I have them on my 870 turkey gun and 870 duck gun.

I am trying to determine if they have one for the model 7 rifle.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
455 Posts
WingMaster said:
R-3 recoil pads are made by LimbSaver.

They are definitely worth the $$.

I have them on my 870 turkey gun and 870 duck gun.

I am trying to determine if they have one for the model 7 rifle.
While I haven't yet used them on a scattergun I did put a Limbsaver® recoil pad on my 444 Marlin® bear & elk rifle. This pad produced a DRAMTIC REDUCTION IN RECOIL! As you previously stated the R3 is made by Limbsaver®. I am so impressed with it's performance that I'm replacing the recoil pads on ALL OF MY SHOTGUNS NEXT MONTH! R3/Limbsaver® is superior to any other recoil pad on the market today.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have the R3 on an 870 and the hogue on another 870. They're about the same imo. And they are much better than a stock pad on any gun. The hogue actually seems to be softer and has more give to it than the R3, but when I compare in terms of recoil they seem pretty even to me. I've never fired a gun w/Kick Eez on it but I've looked at them at the shop and they seem every bit as good. I think there is only so much that can be done by a pad alone, so as far as recoil goes I think you'd be happy with any of the 3 mentioned. I'd look for the best deal or most available.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I recently installed a Limbsaver pad on my daughters 1100 trapgun.I had my first chance to try the gun out today and I can't believe the difference.I've ordered a couple more for my other trapguns.It 's superior in recoil reduction qualities than my Kick-Eeze pads.I'm a hard guy to impress but these things sure impress me.
Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought a remington 300 winchester mag that kicked so hard that after 10 shots at the firing range my soulder was hurting bad and I flinched at every shot I fired.I bought 2 R pads, one for my rifle and one for my 870.Best buy I made all year.Makes all the difference in the world.Buy on , you wont regret.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Midway USA is a very reputable company to do business with. Deal with them an have no worries about it. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them, no problems.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TexasTon said:
i wouldn't worry about midway-----i would worry that freight/handling would put the two close enough that it wouldn't be worth it :roll: :roll:
Do you mean they will charge an arm and a leg for freight/handling? Wont it tell me how much that will be before I purchase it?

Edit: Your right I just looked at an estimate.. Look>>>

http://www.midwayusa.com/eshoppingcart. ... Code=89433

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
the page he was trying to show [i think] showed his checkout charges---i went far enough to see the secure page----and to see there was a 3 dollar charge on orders under 25----before freight :roll:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TexasTon said:
the page he was trying to show [i think] showed his checkout charges---i went far enough to see the secure page----and to see there was a 3 dollar charge on orders under 25----before freight :roll:
Yea that was what i was trying to show you.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The R-3 on a Remington synthetic stock will fit perfectly. It is a little thicker than the original pad so you LOP will change slightly. It is also a little heavier. You can feel the difference. I was so impressed I tried to have a Limbsaver fitted to a woodstock gun, but the gunsmith destroyed the pad in fitting. Trick I heard later was the really soft pads like the Limbsaver need to be frozen in a deep freeze before fitting. It is real easy for the sander to catch on the material. The Limbsaver web site has their pre-fit pads described in detail. I have used the Hogue synthetic stocks with their pads and they are nice and soft. I don't think they soften the recoil as much as the Limbsaver pad on the Rem stock, but the Rem stocks are heavier than the Hogues and that might be the difference.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.