Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
No kidding. Anything going on at all? I just got my reloaders set back up, so I'll be shooting my new Partridge more in the coming weeks. Plus, there was a chill in the air this morning that means bird season is coming!

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Strat....

It is our job to revive it!

H.E. double toothpicks.....I'm getting together with a bunch of the "Huglu Haters" on September 20th. I'm going to bring my DeHaans. Let 'em see touch and feel.

We'll see what they think once they have seen what you "get for your buck"!

No....Doc, this is not a "challenge"....Like I said elsewhere....I'd just like you to see what kind of double you can get for around $750. In my opinion, a FINE value for the vast majority of shotgun shooters.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm swinging by the schoolhouse tomorrow to pick up some once-fired. Might get a few rounds through the new gun if time allows.

·
Registered
21,764 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
2fewdaysafield said:
No....Doc, this is not a "challenge"....Like I said elsewhere....I'd just like you to see what kind of double you can get for around $750. In my opinion, a FINE value for the vast majority of shotgun shooters.
Naah... I'm not even going to rise to it :)

I figured I'd throw a few toys in the car... maybe I'll even bring my Khan or my Huglu, just so you can verify to everyone that I have them...

·
Registered
21,764 Posts

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
drsfmd said:
2fewdaysafield said:
Naah... I'm not even going to rise to it :)

I figured I'd throw a few toys in the car... maybe I'll even bring my Khan or my Huglu, just so you can verify to everyone that I have them...
Y'know Doc, I might....maybe....believe you owned a Huglu....a Khan.....Well....I would have to admit to having seriously misjudged you. I never took you for having that open a mind. If I have been wrong, I apologize. The more I hear from you, the more I look forward to meeting you.

Now....When we meet on the 20th, you're going to offer a tip or two rather than just splitting your side laughing....right? :oops: :D :oops: :D

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Falcon.......

I'm looking for a little moral support here....

Doc hangs with a bunch of pretty serious shooters....WAAAAAAY beyond my skill level....

And he's posted the meet up openly....so here's the link.....

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=189915&p=1564711#p1564711

Sure would be good to have "friendly face" there.

I'm hoping you can make it!

Regards....2few

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just posted for them to pencil me in. I'll be shooting SC for the 4th time ever, and doing it with a 20ga SxS. WooHoo!!!

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
The only one of my "regular" crew that's also on SGW is SEB... and he's in for the 20th. If the others come, it will be incidental... They are a great bunch... no worries about what you shoot, how well you shoot, etc...

Tips are always available for the asking. I'm a much better skeet shooter than SC, but I have fun with both.

cdb1097 said:
drsfmd,

You own a Huglu? I would never have believed it, I guess my preacher was right, miracles do happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: You are not going to rent one just to pull the wool over ol 2fews eyes are ya. :lol: :lol: Hope you guys have a great time shooting, hunting season starts in 5 days. :D :D

cdb1097
I've bought and tried a lot of different things over the years, and it's helped me form my opinions... yes, I've very opinionated, but I'll also be the first to say that I haven't shot a (fill in the blank) if I haven't.

I'm ready for hunting season! The decoys have all had their lines checked, and be repacked nicely. I won't be able to get out for the goose opener on Tuesday, but hopefully I'll be able to get out later in the week... that darn work thing keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
21,764 Posts

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
drsfmd said:
The only one of my "regular" crew that's also on SGW is SEB... and he's in for the 20th. If the others come, it will be incidental... They are a great bunch... no worries about what you shoot, how well you shoot, etc...

Tips are always available for the asking. I'm a much better skeet shooter than SC, but I have fun with both.

cdb1097 said:
drsfmd,

You own a Huglu? I would never have believed it, I guess my preacher was right, miracles do happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: You are not going to rent one just to pull the wool over ol 2fews eyes are ya. :lol: :lol: Hope you guys have a great time shooting, hunting season starts in 5 days. :D :D

cdb1097
I've bought and tried a lot of different things over the years, and it's helped me form my opinions... yes, I've very opinionated, but I'll also be the first to say that I haven't shot a (fill in the blank) if I haven't.

I'm ready for hunting season! The decoys have all had their lines checked, and be repacked nicely. I won't be able to get out for the goose opener on Tuesday, but hopefully I'll be able to get out later in the week... that darn work thing keeps getting in the way.
Awww....Doc, I was just teasing you! :D :D If I really thought your bite was as bad as your bark I would never have volunteered to show up and let you watch me miss clays with my Turkish shotgun! :lol: :lol:

I'm really looking forward to meeting you AND learning some things! I'm every bit as opinionated as you, but I'm old enough to know when to shut my mouth and learn something.

BOTHER on "work"! It always seems to know how to screw up the really important stuff....like hunting! Hope you limit out early when you get out and then get some time to just enjoy watching them come in to your spread!

Regards...2few

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hello, 2few! I haven't been on this site in quite some time now (for whatever reason?) - probably because our old Dehaan site is defunct....? Yep, that is it I am sure. So, I decide to drop in and sure enough you are here! Salutations! Hoping that all is well with you! Doing fine myself. Dove season is starting in a few days and I don't have anything set up. It is so darn hot and dry here this year that I just don't have much desire to go out into the heat. However, I bet that those dove leases that have "stock tanks" (ponds) will do well! anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you well. I really should get out one of the SxS's and go shooting!
HiFLi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts