Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the rabbit hunting in texas? I have heard from many that there are rabbits tripping over each other. Here in Kentucky, we have had a hard time hunting the last few years. However, rabbits are starting to become more populated. It is hard to hunt rabbits when there aren't any around. One guy I know went and said they killed almost a hundred rabbits in three days. I didn't know if it was like that everywhere in Texas. Where are some good places to hunt in Texas?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I frequently ask hunters in North Texas about rabbit populations where they hunt and typically I'm told that bunnies are scarce due to predators, chiefly coyotes.

Coyote hunting is very popular in these parts.

Mike

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Where I hunt in Wise/Montague counties there are quite a few bunny rabbits. I could have taken 20 a day during turkey season.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There are a ton of bunnies here in South Texas. Me and my friends used to go shoot them on a ranch we always went to...we never killed any with the BB gun, but it was fun to do when your a 7 year old kid. The bunny population has started to decrease I have noticed, but they are still very abundant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.