Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old shotgun that to the best of my estimation is around 100 years old.(passed down many times) The only identifying marks on the gun say Ranger and what used to be a rider on a horse on the side of the chmaber and it says Browning Design-12 ***** and full choke on the Barrel.

Any information on the value of this gun will be greatly apprecaited.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Could you give more detail? Like maybe action style, any other writing.... the ranger name , horse and rider were used on many different shotguns by many manufacturers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MarlandS said:
Could you give more detail? Like maybe action style, any other writing.... the ranger name , horse and rider were used on many different shotguns by many manufacturers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no horse and rider said:
dbble 12ga. said:
MarlandS said:
It has no horse and rider,has the name Rangeron one side 5000 on the otherside, dual triggers no top hammers #onbarrel C31009 stock may be walnut]

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It was a Stevens 5000 probably contracted to Montgomery Wards, the 5000 dates the gun ohh .. pre 1940 for sure (The histories's in these pages somewhere put 5000 in the search engine and limit the search to gun id and value)

valued somewhere between $250 and $300 depending on condition

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jengland21 said:
I have an old shotgun that to the best of my estimation is around 100 years old.(passed down many times) The only identifying marks on the gun say Ranger and what used to be a rider on a horse on the side of the chmaber and it says Browning Design-12 ***** and full choke on the Barrel.

Any information on the value of this gun will be greatly apprecaited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts