Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Agree with the 1100. Also agree with the porting being a non-issue. Aside from having to purchase pipe cleaners to get the crap out of them, for shotguns I find they just make the gun louder without affecting perceived recoil.

· Registered
248 Posts
While I previously suggested the 1100 because I believe in the cost for performance value in that gun, I'm wondering if you have looked at the Beretta line? The Walmarts by me don't carry firearms, but I hear a lot of folks say the 390 at Walmart is fantastic. The internals should be the same as any other 390. I have a 3901 Statesman (for sale, by the way) and it runs like a champ even on 7/8oz 1150fps reloads. It's soft shooting but the gun is light, perfect for hunting. It also doesn't have the O-ring maintenance to deal with like the Remingtons. Its extremely easy to clean, but it will go hundreds of rounds without needing cleaning. MSRP for a synthetic 3901 is around $600, you can find them for $500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.