Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys im new to the forum, however i've been reading posts for a while. I am ready to purchase my first 12 gauge. I need soft recoil so I talked my self into a semi. I have narrowed it down to two models one european and one made in the USA. My purpose for using will be primarily Trap/Sporting clays with the possible evolution into mild upland bird hunting.

I narrowed it down to first the Franchi 712 Raptor, (I like the silver reciever, ported barrel, and extended chokes.) However im concered about quality in the long term. I recently shouldered it and it looks great with its wood pattern, but the bolt release handle kind of wiggled around a bit, dont now if thats a testament to long term quality.

My second choice is the new Remington 1100 G3. Great hi-gloss wood, feels good, smooth well built action, Classy case however non- ported and the barrel is only 28 inches with internal pro-bore chokes.

I would be apreciative of any advice/opinions you have.
Thanks Dr.D

[/b]

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again,

(Gallonoffuel) I have looked at some berettas they are as all say perfect. They cycle great, feel great and are soft shooting. I'll be honest Berettas wood didnt catch my eye, even there extra-grain model. It also seems like if you want a great beretta with optima overboring and all it is in the $ 1800. range.

thanks for your advice, also im going to stick to new for my first purchase, but thanks anyway.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sidelocksxs,
Thanks for the advice, i havent been able to visit those sites yet but thank you.

Let me pick your brain about recoil dampening. What have you heard about berettas systems known as kick-off ? Does it trully help dampen felt recoil ? Thanks Dr.D

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sidelocksxs,
Thanks for your help and advice, I truly appreciate it. I 'll let you know. Also this forum its members and organization is great. Its nice to know it exists and every one is willing to help the new guys out. Like many sports it's hard to be a beginner, this forum makes a whole lot easier, especially when dealers 20 years in business give you conflicting info.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving!

Dr.D

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all your advice. IT seems as though im leaning toward the Remington more, however I need to get over my need for wanting to own European gun. Im working on it. With the holidays approaching im considering waiting till after to buy because I dont see myself geeting much use until January.

(aiken) & (greensock) i really like the Franchi 712, I found one NIB by me for $799.00 however when i shouldered it, I felt the bolt release handle to wiggle around a bit. Im not sure if its a big thing but the price is right. The remingon made a nice presentation, its a few hundred more and to even further confuse my self I recently started looking at Beretta Urika 2's.

Im going to take some more time to decide. Im just really Happy that I talked myself out of the $ 1,800.00+ Benelli Super Sport that i intially went nuts over. Beutiful Gun just not for my first purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.