Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I posted that I was looking at getting an Automate to lessen or delay shoulder problems and still feed my reloading addiction. Some here (Republican) suggested I get a Moke Mate foot pedal to enhance my reloading enjoyment. What good advice that was! I got the Cast Aluminum Yellow foot pedal and it is really nice. Thanks to all the good advice I have received here I now have to closely watch my primers and shot or I will run out quickly. :D

I think that the Automate with the foot pedal is the best investment I have made in shotshell reloading to date.

Thanks to all whom helped!

Mtgrs737

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well worth it, especially with the foot pedal.

Have two artificial shoulders and couldn't reload with out the Automate

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Slightly OT: Are you guys reloading because you enjoy it, or because it is economical?

Recently I was introduced to reloading in order to save money. I had very little original expense because the reloader and much of the material (including a bag of shot) were free! So the savings for the first first 1000 rounds were were very significant. I recently bought powder, shot, etc. and when I figured out the cost per shell the savings seemed to evaporate. I did a "cost search" in the reloading section of this site and learned my calculations were OK. I have no problem with the reloading operation, but no particular fascination with the task either.

If I were buying premium ammo the savings would be obvious but I have no need for it. I can buy a flat of target ammo, 12 0r 20 ga. for $31.00/ flat where I live without any trouble. So I am wondering if I am missing something?

R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.