Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that classic American Firearm designs refuse to die and go away. The recent "rebirth" of the Ithaca Gun Company and the timeless M37 is now followed by the Winchester M70 rising from the ashes. The Winchester M70 will be produced at the Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) plant in Columbia, SC. Winchester's parent company also owns Browning and FN. The new M70's will be available in June 2008 and will feature the traditional Mauser-type claw extractor and Winchester's signature three-position wing safety. Even though Winchester's parent company is an International conglomerate, the guns will read Made in America. Expected models will include Super Grade, Featherweight, Sporter, and Stainless/Synthetic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kgpcr said:
Two of the best firearms ever made in the USA!! I would take a Model 37 over a MOdel 12 anyday! I think they just shoot better and the Model 12 is a great gun! So is the Model 70!!
I couldn't agree more. I would take an M37 over a Winchester Model 12 on any given day. With that said, I do like the Winchester Model 12 and I do own one. In fact, I just picked up the Browning Model 12 that was a limited run during the late-80's. This one is chambered in 20 gauge.

I have a few Winchester M70's, one of which has the "Remington" style bolt. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of the new models. I'm just in a quandry over which caliber to get; since I already have rifles chambered for .22 LR, .223 Remington, .243 Winchester, .220 Swift, .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Mag, 7.62x39mm Russian, .308 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, 8mm Mauser, .300 Winchester Mag, and .300 Weatherby Mag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.