Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
Now shooting a Kolar Regal Flat Rib Sporting with a K-80 Super Scroll back up.
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I shot the Kolar on Thursday, 10/20, and again on Sunday 10/23, with a total of about 350 - 400 rounds and the last adjustment brought the Kolar up to where my Krieghoff shoots. At this point it is great because I can shoot targets like I have for the last 25 years with my Krieghoff. I missed very few targets and the gun was shooting somewhere 55/45 and 60/40 and my K-80 is at 60/40. I still would like to shoot a 50/50 gun but I am thinking that I can work my way there instead of what I was trying to do which was to instantly to convert from 60/40 to 50/50. It doesn't seem like much but it is, At this point I want to shoot a number of tournaments the way the gun is now and hopefully shoot some good scores and then gradually start bringing the gun down to where it shoots 50/50 because that is where I feel the balance of leads and shooting lies. Last year I went into changing guns to the Kolar and shooting 50/50 instead of the 60/40 where my K-80 shot for years and years as well as my Beretta 682 and 391 shoot. So basically I have shot 60/40 forever. On top of that I was coming back from a layoff since 2015 plus I broke my back it the end of 2020 and was coming back from that in addition to changing the way I shoot because of back pain.

· Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Rocky, you have a serious case of newgunitis. I think it’s leading to braininterruptis, which can in some cases lead to targetmissitis.😂
Yes, maybe and possibly. I bought my Krieghoff in 1998 and have been shooting it ever since except for a few years where I shot a 391. Last year I wanted a gun with a removable trigger so I started looking for a Perazzi but wound up with a new Kolar. Maybe my brain still wants a Perazzi.

· Premium Member
8,057 Posts
Yes, maybe and possibly. I bought my Krieghoff in 1998 and have been shooting it ever since except for a few years where I shot a 391. Last year I wanted a gun with a removable trigger so I started looking for a Perazzi but wound up with a new Kolar. Maybe my brain still wants a Perazzi.
👍🏻😂

· Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
In retrospect I should have taken the comb all the way up so the pattern was as high as possible and worked my way down to where I liked it instead of working my way up from the pattern being so low that I was having trouble hitting stuff to where it needed to be for my style of shooting. I think it would have been quicker and less frustrating.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts