Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I do my own grind to fit pads. Shoot Sporting
I usually put on a reg Kickeez SC model ¾ inch or a MicroCell. Prefer either to pachmayer.

I have not tried KE Dual Action, Limbsaver, Falcon Strike or Isis green pad from UK
and do you find any of these better in some way.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Falcon Strike does a great job, but it is 1 3/8" long. Usually have to do some stock shortening for it, do that 1st so you are measuring your finished wood for the pad size.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Kick-eez dual action is the best recoil reduction pad out there IMHO.
I put them on all my new guns.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Kick-Eez pads wear out very quickly. Especially if you use a gun rack where the butt/pad of the gun rests on wood.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I use Kick-Eez pads on all my guns…and I’ve never had a pad wear out by placing them on wood racks on any clays range…but after 23 years, I did finally have a Kick-Eez lose its “bounce” on my 390…and it’s replacement was a new Kick-Eez.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I like Kick-Eez pads but have found them to be quite heavy and that likely helps tame recoil, When I want a light one I get a Cervellati.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Limbsaver pads absorb recoil very well and better than Kick Eez but are difficult to grind. Kick Eez vary with durometer and therefore some absorb better than others and are the heavyest by far. Isis pads absorb well and are available in many thicknesses but usually have to be ordered from England. Currently I am using Cervellati as they absorb well, are easy to grind and inexpensive.
I have no experience with Falconstrike. They are a combo of a pad incorporated with a hydrolic reducer and cannot be ground.

CT

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I shoot sporting as well and now do all my own recoil pads. I use kick eez on all of my guns. I don't notice any abnormal wear, some people must use harsh chemicals or something to get their pads to wear funny. I do have a dual action pad on my 12ga and feel it does a better job than a standard kick eez. I usually use the general purpose pad and grind a bevel since I can buy them them locally for $33 out the door.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Very happy with kick eez on my heavy clays gun. Might try the new dual action as well.

On a field gun I prefer a much lighter pad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like Limbsaver .... Have them on all my Beretta guns. They make direct fit for both field and sporting Beretta stocks. Only one I had to get ground to fit, but it's a older gun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts