Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone give me advice on a recoil pad... i have a problem with a major bruise after 100 rounds fired. the kick is not felt at all but the next day i am black and blue and very sore. any sugg. would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I recomend a PAST slip on recoil pad. They soak up a lot of recoil because I used to have your problem but now I kind of like recoil 8) . But I still like it better with the recoil pad on :D .

·
Registered
893 Posts
L.A.O.G.:

A recoil pad's a great idea, but double check that you're pulling the shotgun tight into your shoulder before you let fly. Even a little bit loose on the shoulder once or twice in a round can be enough of a poke to bruise.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Something else to check is how the recoil pad is making contact with your shoulder just inside of your shoulder joint.
If the bottom toe is making contact before the upper heel, it can jab you raher badly. If it is, anyone who installs recoil pads should be able to recut the stock (take some of the lower section off) so it will better fit you.

Rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a Winchester pump & well, its kicks harder than the SuperX auto I used to have, that's for sure. WAs spoiled by that SuperX, I tell ya. Just my opinion, but the Standard pad that comes with the Winchester pumps might as well not, for all their worth! HAd a cop buddy who used to go shooting with me & I'd complain all the time about the "punch" on the shoulder. He'd laugh; call me a wimp.

Anyway, I know I didn't like putting 4-5 boxes of 3" slugs thru it! Ouch. Sore shoulder time later.

Then I bought the `Limb Saver' (http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/fire ... earms.aspx). HAd it mounted, with a mercury-filled recoil reducer in magazine end. The Limb Saver supposedly can tame even the Big Guns (Safari hunting). Hey, it cost less than a Pachmeyer, too. I remember my Gunsmith looked at it & said "what the H#$% is this?" He'd never seen that brand before either. Told him one of those new Hi-tech materials.

BAck at the range: It worked! Wow. :p U feel the gun move, that's for sure. But no "ouch" when it kicks back. No more flinching after a box or two anymore either. In fact, can shoot all afternoon now without a hitch. So, I'm convinced!

PS: I'm sure the recoil-reducer didn't hurt none, either. My next step: Vangcomp the barrel. I just hate recoil!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts