Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought about putting 7 or 8oz`s in the stock. Anyone got any recommendations other than just the normal home brew lead fix? Thought maybe a mercury reducer or like product may be a little better but really wanted to see what had been tried first. Thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
If they're perfectly balanced then I guess full length skeet tubes must really raise havoc with them.
As for mercury reducers, better check the draw bolt hole, many Krieghoffs are only 3/4" and most reducers are made for a larger hole. C&H does make a 3/4" mercury reducer that will fit if that's what you want otherwise the draw bolt hole would have to be enlarged. The draw bolt hole is also often off center and if you do believe in the effect of a mercury reducer I have to wonder how effective it can be when it doesn't go straight back against your shoulder. You should also check how much length you've got to work with as if I recall correctly, the C&H reducer will come almost to the end of the buttstock. Good luck but I think I would try some lead first along with some lighter loads and a good recoil pad.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I added a ton of lead to my CG but balanced it with a barrel weight[Briely] but that was a much lighter gun then my 32" K 80.

Adding an adjustable/expendable butt plate to get the LOP I need really screwed up the balance [butt heavy]. Hopefully I can come up with a different idea or I'm going to have to put a bit of lead tape on the barrel to re-balance.

So.....I'm curious, why do you want more weight?

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snowbound said:
I added a ton of lead to my CG but balanced it with a barrel weight[Briely] but that was a much lighter gun then my 32" K 80.

Adding an adjustable/expendable butt plate to get the LOP I need really screwed up the balance [butt heavy]. Hopefully I can come up with a different idea or I'm going to have to put a bit of lead tape on the barrel to re-balance.

So.....I'm curious, why do you want more weight?
I like butt heavy gun and I find it to be slightly barrel hevay with tubes. I knew the normal type mercury recoil reducers wouldn`t work but didn`t know a 3/4 inch was made. Love to try a dead mule but I don`t want to have to modify the stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
cbxchris, if you are interested in a Crown Grade sporter stock set with a recoil reducer already installed, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you pics. Selling for $1850 and would take close to 5K to replace. Recoil is almost non existent with this set up. Good shooting to all. Rey

·
Registered
357 Posts
The draw bolt hole is also often off center and if you do believe in the effect of a mercury reducer I have to wonder how effective it can be when it doesn't go straight back against your shoulder.
I have a 9 oz. C&H reducer in the stock of my K-80 it is the 3/4". As far as the quote above. It made a big difference in recoil. I set up a second, weighted barrel for 12ga. and doubles. I tried it without a reducer and I knew I would not be able to shoot it commfortably, due to the recoil I was getting. Installed the reducer in the stock bolt hole, which is off-center and it made all the differerence in the world. It also made my 20ga. feel like 28ga.

Good luck

Dennis

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also put a 3/4 C & H mercury recoil reducer in my K80 stock and the recoil reduction is very good. Also added a good pad. I shoot tubes for 20,28,410. When I shoot 12, I add an under the forend weight that fits between the barrels. This between the barrels weight came from Angleport. I remove the weight when I shoot the tubes. My stock is a #6 trap with adjustable comb 30" barrrels with extended Briley thin wall screw in chokes. The gun is heavy and I like it that way for skeet, trap, sporting clays. I would not sell this gun. The recoil reducer will help but you need to offset this with a barrel weight. Love the K80! Good shooting, Terry

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi folks,
I have a semi-light barrel. I can shoot 12 gauge from the barrel but the gun is too light to do so. The barrel is .764 and has a .11 constriction. (IC) It weighs 2 lbs. 14 ounces.
With my kolar tubes it weighs 3 lbs 12 ounces. I have a
g-2 (Shisoki [sp]) recoil reduction system on a No. 5 stock. The total weight of the gun is 8 lbs. 14 ounces. I like the gun very much for skeet. I want to try and use it for Sporting Clays. I will probably need a new barrel but I thought that I might be able to add weight to the present barrel under the forearm to try. Has anyone used the weights from Angle port (smlake) or http://www.freewebs.com/kolarshootr/index.htm.
First time on the site.......Glad I found ya...........Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.